Carvewright CX - 3D CNC System with Scanning Probe
A CNC with both large capacity and a small footprint seems like an impossible dream, but the CarveWright CX makes that dream come true. Thanks to the CarveWright's unique conveyor belt system, the machine can accept workpieces up to 12 feet long, despite having a footprint the size of an ordinary planer. Instead of requiring a space-hogging bed and gantry to accommodate large workpieces, the CarveWright features a precision conveyor that moves the workpiece itself past the cutting spindle along the long axis. Unlike many CNCs, the spindle is also built into the machine, meaning you don't have to purchase a separate router. With the included easy-to-use drag-and-drop software, plus the automated setup features built into the CarveWright CX, you can easily create stunning carving projects in very little time. Optional add-on apps can enhance your capabilities, while the CarveWright Pattern Depot gives you access to over 7,000 patterns and projects to download. Just point, click and create. Shown with optional dust hood (#59705, sold separately).
- Intelligent ServoSmart™ Advanced Motion Control system is up to four times faster than stepper CNCs
- Revolutionary software makes designing simple. Drag, drop, and arrange your designs with ease
- Included memory card stores your project files and plugs into the CarveWright so your computer can be be kept away from the sawdust—no need for a dedicated CNC computer
- Software is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Machines soft and hard wood, plywood and MDF, heat-resistant plastics, and even foams
- Patented feed through system retains a small footprint, but machines large projects—up to twelve feet long and fourteen and a half inches wide
- Tiling Technique lets you splice multiple pieces together to create even larger projects
- Five feedback sensors tell the machine the size and position of your workpiece for faster setups
- Intelligent feedback maintains accurate positioning and reports problems instead of crashing or ruining the workpiece
- The machine measures your workpiece, tells you what bit to put in, and locates all of its index points automatically
- Pre-calculates backlash and compensates
- Senses slips and auto-corrects
Package includes the CarveWright Scanning Probe for reproducing a wide variety of carvings and furniture components!
Reproduce nearly any item, including unique carvings, architectural elements like trim and corbels, and decorative components of antique furniture. Nearly any material can be scanned, even soft materials like clay or wax. Just plug the probe into your CarveWright CNC, set the desired scan area, and watch the probe map out the contours of your master. Once the scan is finished, the included software will allow you to clean up the scan and make any necessary edits, such as changing the depth, height or scale. With that finished, you can use your CarveWright to machine a beautiful replica.
(1) 1/16'' Solid Carbide Carving Bit
(1) Memory Card Programmer
(1) Memory Card
(1) CarveWright Project Designer Basic Software Package
(50) Sample Patterns
(1) Scanning Probe
(1) Jumper Cable
(1) Cable Retainer Clip
(1) Pattern Editor Software License
|Manufacturer Part Number||50651 & 59376|
1 year ago
2 months ago
I have left messages which do not get returned and if they do return the email or call it is usually a WEEK LATER!
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND THE ADDED FRUSTRATION AND FEES COME WITH IT!
DO NOT BUY! BE WARNED!
My background is in design/build with 14 years experience and two college degrees in architecture and industrial design. I am advanced in 2d / 3d design with years of shopbot cnc experience. I bought this for my studio in an attempt to make patterns out of MDF ONLY. All work was unusable as the cuts left stepped ridges all along the patrerns with no resolution from customer service!