CNC Shark HD4 with Laser Module Bundle
Thanks to upgraded electronics, a color touch-screen pendant controller and additional expansion ports, the CNC Shark has become more versatile and easy-to-use than ever. It features larger linear guides, XY homing capability. Like past models, the Shark HD4 includes Virtual Zero software, which maps the surface of your workpiece for maximum accuracy. It features a gantry reinforced with heavy plate aluminum, adjustable bearings, and anti-backlash, wear-compensated lead screws on all three axes, allowing it to handle larger routers such as the Porter Cable 890 series, Bosch 1617 series and water-cooled spindles. Perfect for carving and machining a large variety of projects made from wood, soft metals or plastics. Simply supply a PC computer with USB 2.0 port and any of the routers listed below, connect the USB cable to the controller box and load the software. Includes Vcarve Desktop Design Software, Vector Art 3D Sampler Pack, and CNC Shark control software with Virtual Zero technology.
- Virtual Zero software ''maps'' the surface of your table or workpiece and uses the map as a dynamic reference point. This virtually eliminates problems caused by warped or bowed work pieces
- Touch-screen pendant controlled software package with color graphics
- X & Y homing capability
- Anti-backlash, wear-compensated direct drive lead screws on all axes
- Interlocking aluminum table with rigid channels for fast, flexible clamping
- Detachable, rotating cradles allow different attachments and height configurations
- Enhanced hardware controller with expansion ports and pendant ability
- Handles medium routers such as the Porter Cable 890 series or Bosch 1617 series (up to 2-1/4 HP router) or the water cooled spindle from Next Wave Automation
- Compatible with all HD line accessories
- Aluminum and high-density polyethylene construction is designed for commercial use
- Gantry is reinforced with plate aluminum for heavier machining capabilities
- Automatic on and off software control of router/spindle system
- Mount for router included (router sold separately)
- Includes Vcarve Desktop Design Software
- Download free project plans from Vectric
- One year warranty on parts and labor, special shipping exclusions apply
Will this CNC work with my router?
Fully compatible with the following routers (sold separately):
- Bosch 1617 and 1618
- Dewalt 610, 616, 618
- Porter Cable 890 Series
- Porter Cable 690 Series (6902VS must be manually started)
Package includes a Laser Module capable of creating intricate drawings, lettering and photographic images!
Raise the capabilities of your CNC to new heights by attaching this accessory Laser Engraver Module. Once attached, you can put the power of laser light to work for you by creating incredibly detailed photographic engravings, images and lettering. It's variable power laser with high quality optics allows for finer control.
- There is an additional $110.00 Shipping charge for this item.
(1) Router Mount (see list of compatible routers)
(1) 3/8'' V-Groove Bit (colors may vary)
(2) Hold Down Clamps (colors may vary)
(1) Vcarve Desktop Software Package 9.5
(1) CNC Shark Control Panel operating software with Virtual Zero technology
(1) Vector Art 3D Sampler Pack
(1) Laser Engraving Module
(1) Protective Glasses for Laser
|Tech Spec||Shark HD4:
1 year ago
Although the paper documentation is somewhat limited, with the available information on the internet and in the Shark forum, it was relatively easy to setup and trial.
Learning the included V carve is somewhat steep, but again the video tutorials are excellent.
Thus far I am very happy with the results from this machine. My DeWalt 618 router works awesome with plenty of power. I have not tried the Laser yet.
The quality of the CNC machine seems excellent and the work output it has done so far is superb.
1 year ago
There are many reasons why I would recommend a CNC Shark.to a New or Returning customer. When I first did research on a CNC machine I keep on coming back to Next Wave. I have bought 2 machines and in the process of getting a new HD 4. The machines are of solid quality. They are durable and reliable. If you have trouble the support staff is there and always eager to help and solve your problem. It is the people at Next Wave that keeps my loyalty. They are knowledgeable and ready to service their products and customers by sharing their wealth of technical expertise. It is well worth your while to investigate CNC Sharks for any craftsman CNC needs.
1 year ago
Once the machine is setup you need to learn the Vcarve software. There are a number of applications you can install from the Vcarve software CD included, but with the HD4 pendant, you don't need most of them. There isn't anything that easily tells you this. My day job is IT, so it was surprising it was this difficult to figure out. If you're familiar with Shark, you may not experience this.
Once the Vcarve software is installed, it's pretty easy to get things going. There are a lot of instructional videos that walk you through. Expect to have some scrap wood on hand before working on actual projects.
Next came the laser, or should I say issues with the laser. There are independent instructions for the laser, but you have to download these online and since the laser was made for the piranha, they won't totally apply. I contacted Shark directly and the laser still doesn't work. First off you have to download the machine ".tap" laser specific machine file compatibal with the Vcarve software. Again, since the instructions are repurposed this isn't easily known. Next you have to setup the laser, again, missing instructions. An online search will show you how to use it with the Pirhana, similar but still different. It's been about a month in working with Shark to resolve the issue and it's still not working. Maybe I just got a bum laser.
The machine itself is great, and routes well. Unfortunately if you're going to do laser or 3D model building work, I would buy a machine that is already established with tangible instructions, or wait until Shark provides an update.
The dimensions of the box are 520mm× 420mm × 25mm
Thickness is 30mm
Material: Solid wood?
On the other hand if also want to carve complex designs or inlay pockets at the same time this would be an excellent choice.