CNC Shark II with Laser Engraving Module
Whether you're just getting started in the world of CNC, or you're looking for a smaller machine capable of high-level work, the Shark II is a sharp contender. With XYZ travel of 13'' x 25'' x 7'', it's capable of machining small- to medium-sized signs, carvings and furniture components. The Shark II features a touch-screen pendant controller and the same rugged gantry design as the HD4. It also has NEMA 23 stepper motors, which permit the use of larger routers, up to 2-1/4 HP. The increased Z travel of 7'' means the Shark II is compatible with the 4th axis (Item #59496, sold separately; software upgrade required). Other improvements include a metal back plate for increased rigidity, and an interlocking aluminum table with rigid channels for fast, flexible clamping.
- Touch-screen pendant controlled software package with color graphics
- Detachable, rotating cradles allow different attachments and height configurations
- Enhanced hardware controller with expansion ports and pendant ability
- Automatic on and off software control of router/spindle system
- X & Y homing capability
- Compatible with all HD line accessories
- Virtual Zero software maps the topography of your table or workpiece, solving problems caused by warping or bowing
- Anti-backlash, wear-compensated direct drive lead screws on all axes
- Handles routers up to 2-1/4 HP, such as the Porter Cable 890 series, Bosch 1617 series or the water cooled spindle from Next Wave Automation
- Interlocking aluminum table with rigid channels for fast, flexible clamping
- 120V System plugs into standard wall outlet
- Includes Vcarve Desktop Design Software ($349 Retail Value), Vector Art 3D Sampler Pack, and CNC Shark control software with Virtual Zero technology
- Over sixty 3D STL files included, ($150 Retail Value)
- Download free project plans from Vectric
- One year warranty on parts and labor, special shipping exclusions apply
- You supply a PC computer with USB 2.0 port and any of the routers listed below
- Not compatible with Mac computers
Package Includes a Laser Engraving Module!
Raise the capabilities of your CNC Piranha to new heights by attaching the included Laser Engraver Module. Once attached, you can create incredibly detailed photographic engravings, images and lettering. Variable power laser with high quality optics allows for fine control.
Will this CNC work with my router?
Fully compatible with the following routers (sold separately):
- Bosch 1617 and 1618
- Dewalt 610, 616, 618
- Porter Cable 890 Series
- Porter Cable 690 Series (6902VS must be manually started)
- There is an additional $85.00 shipping charge for this item.
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Estimated Delivery time: 7 business days.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
(1) Touch-screen pendant controller
(1) 3/8'' diameter V-groove bit (colors may vary)
(2) Hold-down clamps (colors may vary)
(1) Router mount
(1) VCarve Desktop V9.5 design software package
(1) CNC Shark Control Panel operating software with Virtual Zero technology
(1) Laser Engraving Module
(1) Protective Glasses for Laser
My first project was the laser box for my daughter.
I have read many reviews and for the ones that are negative they probably just need to learn how to set it up and run the machine. It is very easy to use if you think ahead and take your time and don't try to cut to much at a time. The most important thing one should have is a good set of calipers in inch, fractions, and metric to measure thickness and diameters along with a fraction to decimals chart. I have many project for this machine and am impressed with the quality and heaviness of the machine it is well built.
F. G. Aylor
1 year ago
1 year ago
The dust boot anf plate were worth getting, too. I played around with the laser module but haven’t found much use for it yet...
Very happy with this purchase.
I chose to use a Bosch 1617evs router with this. So far, so good.
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
4 months ago
The VCarve software is great. I created a file to checker rifle grips in a few hours. It ran flawlessly. Documentation on both hardware and software could be better. Tip: Get the book 'CNC Router Essentials: The Basics for Mastering the Most Innovative Tool in Your Workshop' and read it cover to cover while you are waiting the 14 business days for your CNC Shark II to arrive.
4 months ago
It all depends on the software you will be using to run the machine. The machine comes with VCarve Desktop. If you want to carve photos with the router or spindle I would suggest that you consider using Vectric PhotoVCarve. If you would like to Laser a photo Nextwave has a Raster program that will convert the photo to a tap file even with that you have to adjust the brightness and contrast of the photo for it to laser good. Also it will depend on the type of wood you will be using soft woods work good as harder woods can be difficult. In the desk top program you can import a jpg and edited it with the photo editor then convert it to vectors. After that you might be able to carve it and laser it. However, it will take a lot of trial and error to get a good outcome. I would suggest looking on the Shark Forum for more information and visit vectric web site for more information on different software. I had the same questions as you did before I purchased the machine. I found that I can do just about anything I want to do with my Shark. You just have to try different things and work with the learning curve to figure things out. All CNC machines have a learning curve and it takes time to understand the programs.
- Dust Boot for CNC Shark$99.99