The beds are held securely closed, and open gently for safety. Steel pivot pin and bracket points install easily without adjustments. Includes instructions for basic cabinet construction and instructional DVD. Hardware available in Twin, Full or Queen sizes. For horizontal applications, see our Side Mount Deluxe Murphy Bed kits.
- Deluxe Murphy Bed Hardware Kits include folding tube legs, which are totally concealed inside the bed cabinet when it is closed and are manually rotated over the end of the bed face panel when it is lowered out of the cabinet.
- State of the art piston lift system and counter balancing ensure smooth operation.
- Kit includes step by step instructions for building a basic cabinet and mounting the hardware. Additional plan for bookcase (pictured) is sold separately.
- No floor mounting required; Cabinet must be anchored to the wall to ensure safety.
- Cabinet can be made of plycore, particle board or solid wood.
- Maximum mattress thickness: 12"
- Recommended for standard mattress sizes; no box spring is used.
- Hardware kits carry a 10-Year Limited Warranty.
- Can accommodate for sleeping up to 1,000 lbs
Basic Cabinet Dimensions for Vertical Deluxe Murphy Beds:
- Twin (#47002): 82-1/8"H x 44-7/8"W x 15-7/8"D (closed) x 83"D (open)
- Full (#46025): 82-1/8"H x 59-7/8"W x 15-7/8"D (closed) x 83"D (open)
- Queen (#43707): 87-1/8"H x 65-7/8"W x 15-7/8"D (closed) x 87"D (open)
(1) Detailed Instruction Booklet & DVD
(Lumber and Mattress not included)
6 Review(s)View All
Great Space SaverPosted February 19, 2015
On the first bed I used solid oak on the face, verticals, etc., and plywood on the mattress box as specified. On my last project I used plywood for all of the sections and dressed the face and verticals with solid maple. Both look good but the solid wood looks so much better.
Grade A plywood is difficult to find and expensive. Ended up using some grade B from a local store but, you had to hand pick the stock available to avoid knotholes and other unattractive issues. Additionally, one is limited when decorating the finale product. You can use your Router on solid wood, but not on plywood.
I added molding around the outer edge of the face before finale assembly. This created issues when installing the pistons. The top edge of the face contacted the outer edge of the top header making finale assembly very difficult. Suggest molding be added after finale assembly
All parts in the package worked well except for the deluxe legs. Instructions called for a 5/8 hole, but the hardware seemed something larger than 5/8. The piece of wood between the legs looks out of place. A black mental tube should be more attractive. I prefer the older wood legs on my first Murphy bed, but the wife prefers the deluxe legs for our Grand Boys.
A great product for a beautiful piece of furniture!Posted October 16, 2014
Excellent productPosted March 22, 2014