Vertical Mount Deluxe Murphy Bed Hardware
These Deluxe Murphy Bed Kits include all of the necessary hardware included in our standard kit plus a pair of folding metal legs that support the end of the bed when it's folded out, and tuck neatly inside the bed when stored. One tug is all it takes, and the bed folds out smoothly and silently on state-of-the-art gas pistons. The folding bed hardware is finely engineered, counterbalanced for smooth operation without binding or overextending, and uses a sophisticated piston lift system rather than old-fashioned springs that can break and slacken over time. The beds are held securely closed, and open gently for safety. Steel pivot pin and bracket points install easily without adjustments. Includes instructions for basic cabinet construction and instructional DVD. Hardware available in Twin, Full or Queen sizes. For horizontal applications, see our Side Mount Deluxe Murphy Bed kits.
- Deluxe Murphy Bed Hardware Kits include folding tube legs, which are totally concealed inside the bed cabinet when it is closed and are manually rotated over the end of the bed face panel when it is lowered out of the cabinet.
- State of the art piston lift system and counter balancing ensure smooth operation.
- Kit includes step by step instructions for building a basic cabinet and mounting the hardware. Additional plan for bookcase (pictured) is sold separately.
- No floor mounting required; Cabinet must be anchored to the wall to ensure safety.
- Cabinet can be made of plycore, particle board or solid wood.
- Recommended for standard mattress sizes; no box spring is used.
- Can accommodate for sleeping up to 1,000 lbs
- Free plans are designed only to work with the hardware kit mentioned in the plan.
(1) Detailed Instruction Booklet & DVD
(Lumber, Mattress, and additional finishing or construction hardware not included)
I even added LED lights to the header for when our favorite guest wants to read in bed.
I used ¼" cherry, ?" baltic birch plywood & stained glass for the fake cabinet. Biggest changes were the cabinet design, 4" rather than 6" moulding and I moved the headboard up several inches so it wouldn't be covered by the mattress. Headboard is also mounted about an inch from the wall to give some space for wiring and light switch to be mounted. Fake drawer & cabinet handles were bolted in to the back using fender washers & locking nuts, so they won't come loose. I'm quite pleased with the result.
3 months ago
3 months ago
over 2 years ago
8 months ago
7 months ago
1 year ago
11 months ago
1 year ago
The free downloadable plan calls for 85-7/8" height.
The plan could be modified at the top to work with you ceiling height.
The Vertical Mount Deluxe bed does not require these legs. As you can see in the image, it utilizes a fold down leg which pivots around the mattress when in the closed position.
when the bed is closed. Is there any kind of a locking mechanism on the deluxe model? I have small grandchildren and can see a potential disaster.
The mattress I used ,from another bed is quite heavy, I dont have the weight ,but takes a little more effort than shown in the video. Would probably invest in a lighter mattress if its used frequently.
It is not a weight issue.