- There is an additional $10 shipping charge for this item.
DeWalt 20'' VS Scroll Saw (DW788)
- Double parallel-link arm design dramatically reduces vibration and noise, for extremely accurate cuts
- Exclusive tool-free blade holders allow blade changes in seconds
- On-off switch, electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower and blade-tensioning lever are all located on the front upper arm for added convenience
- Arm design moves the tool's pivot points from the back of the saw to the front, shortening the arm movement for smoother, quieter operation
- Arm lifts so blade can be easily threaded through the material for inside cuts
- Unique arm design keeps the blade perpendicular to the work, dramatically reducing over- or under- cutting
- Oversized, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 45° left and right
With the Rockler Protection Plan, you'll get accidental damage coverage immediately upon purchase of your tool. Plus, we will extend the manufacturer's warranty for your choice of an additional 1 or 2 years. We'll take care of all parts and labor for any repairs, with no deductibles and no hassles. If your tool can not be repaired, we'll gladly replace it. Available in the US only. Click here to learn more.Standard Manufacturer's Warranty: 36 months
|Manufacturer Part Number||DW788|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||2"|
3 weeks ago
3 months ago
3 months ago
4 months ago
6 months ago
7 months ago
9 months ago
The saw itself is very stable and the stand really stabilized the entire unit. Very pleased with this purchase.
9 months ago
10 months ago
11 months ago
I normally use Olson blades for woodworking, and their application chart shows several candidate blades for cutting metal. There are other quality blade suppliers, and it would be a good idea to research them and perhaps even call a technical service person to discuss your exact application.
As far as purchasing either machine, it is more of a personal preference. Decide what you are going to do with it, and compare the features of each. It is kind of like buying a car, some people swear by Ford and others by GM.
Having had other Dewalt tools it was a simple decision to buy DeWalt. One thing that you must consider, is the availability of parts and where can you get your machine serviced if you ever run into problems.
The other thing that sold me was that I was able to try the saw during a demo at Rockler.
I hope that helps!