Heavy-Duty 12-1/2" Thickness Planer with Three Knife Cutter-Head
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- 96 cuts per inch to ensure superior surface finish
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30% longer knife life
- Four column carriage lock to reduce snipe
- 33-1/2" of material support tables
- Disposable, reversible knives made of M2 laminated tool steel for maximum durability
- Simple, one tool knife change system
- dust hood
Features & Benefits:
- Powerful 15.0 Amp, 10,000 rpm motor handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods.
- Three knife cutter-head provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the finest finishes of any portable planer.
- Disposible, reversible knives deliver 30% more knife life and make knife change fast and easy.
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe.
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2" of material support.
- Material removal gauge and thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass.
|Manufacturer Part Number||DW734|
|Planer Blade Size||12-1/2"|
|Number of Knives||3|
Customer Reviews1 Review(s)
It's ok. It get the job...Posted June 12, 2013
It's ok. It get the job done however after using the upgraded version of this, the slightly bigger one is hands down better. This product does work, don't get me wrong, however it has some issues. On harder woods it seems to bog down a bit. The fold down leafs on either side flex a bit. From day one it didn't cut as well as my buddies who bought the next model up. Even with the dust collector hooked up, the dust port sometimes builds up and jams. I started running it with the dust collector off, makes a mess however. All in all, if you're looking for a portable tool that works and don't need a perfect cut, then this is great. If you're doing finishing work and looking for a little better quality cut, up grade to the next model.