Excelsior Mini Lathe with 3-Piece Rockler Carbide Pen Turning Tool Set
Excelsior 5-Speed Mini Lathe
With solid cast-iron construction, a robust 1/2 hp motor and a precision-machined live center, the features of the Excelsior 5-Speed Mini Lathe rival those found in much larger lathes. It can turn bowls of almost 10'' in diameter and spindles up to 17-3/4'' in length, making it perfect for chair legs, small table legs and an endless array of decorative turnings. A convenient door provides easy access to the belt, along with 5 different speeds: 760, 1100, 1600, 2200 and 3200 RPM. Cast-iron body provides mass for minimal vibration, stable turning and maximum durability. To increase your spindle capacity to 38-1/2'', just use the optional Mini Lathe Bed Extension (#32307, sold separately).
Rockler 3-Piece Carbide Pen Turning Tool Set
At only 9-1/2'' long, these tools are the perfect size for turning pens, bottle stoppers and other small items. Carbide cutters can be easily rotated to expose a fresh edge. The set includes one high speed steel 1/8'' parting tool, and two tools with replaceable carbide cutters: a 1/2'' round cutter and a 1/2'' square cutter with a 2'' radius that produces an exceptionally smooth finish cut. Handles are solid ash encased in thick, molded rubber for excellent ergonomics and a sure grip.
- Total overall length of Pen Turning Tools is approximately 9-1/2''.
- Ash handles are 6-1/2'' long from the butt of the handle to the top of the ferrule.
- Length of the shaft is approximately 3''.
- Round cutter head is used for roughing out the blank and general turning.
- The radius square cutter is ideal for smooth finishing cuts, where it's slight radius helps reduce the risk of gouging.
- Use the 1/8'' parting tool for parting off, and for creating grooves.
- Carbide cutters are not interchangeable between the different tools.
- When replacing the carbide insert for the Radius Square Cutter, use SR1 47377) only. This tool will not accept a standard square cutter.
(1) 1/2" Round Carbide Pen Turning Tool
(1) 1/2" Square (with 2" Radius) Carbide Pen Turning Tool
(1) High Speed Steel 1/8" Pen Parting Tool