Rockler Tapered Plug Cutters with Hex Shanks
Cuts smooth-walled face grain plugs in both softwoods and hardwoods—plug sides are slightly tapered for a snug fit.
The four precision-ground flutes on our tapered plug cutters cut smooth-walled, close-fitting plugs in both softwoods and hardwoods. The plug diameter of each is slightly tapered so that the wide end is .025'' (roughly 1/32'') oversized, creating a perfectly snug fit. Since the plugs are face grain, you'll get the best possible match to your material. Each plug cutter has a 1/4'' hex shank for quick-change capability (see our optional Quick-Change Chuck #69015). In addition, the hex shanks provide a no-slip grip in traditional keyed or keyless chucks. The plug cutters are intended for use on a drill press or similar stationary machine. Available in 1/4'', 5/16'', 3/8'' and 1/2'' plug sizes.
- Made from heat-treated steel for extended tool life
- Precision flute design for smooth, clean cutting action in all types of wood
- Cuts face grain wooden plugs for the best possible match
- Wooden plugs have chamfered/tapered sides for easy insertion into holes and a snug fit with nearly invisible glue lines
- 1/4'' hex shank can be used in keyed, keyless, and quick-change chucks
(1) Rockler Tapered Plug Cutters with Hex Shanks
|Bit Type||Plug Cutter|
- Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.