Jet® 12'' Planer/Jointer Combo w/Helical Head
The innovative JET JJP-12HH Helical Head 12" Jointer/Planer takes our award-winning jointer/planer combination machine and makes it an ever better investment. With the addition of our quality helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts, the all-new JJP-12HH sets the standard for creating superior stock in your own workshop.
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead for improved finish and allows for precise depth of cut adjustments
- Extra large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls for quick adjustments
- Extremely quick changeover between jointing and planing functions. Fence does not need to be removed
- Powerful 3HP induction motor easily handles the toughest jointing and planing tasks
- Heavy-duty, one-piece steel closed stand includes mounting tabs for increased stability
- Built-in dust chute with 4" dust port used for both jointing and planing operations
- Large handwheel for quick and precise adjustments of planer table
- Heavy-duty cast iron tables with a machined finish to ensure accuracy and flatness
- Magnetic switch provides safer and more reliable operation
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
- Estimated Delivery time: 15 business days.
- 15% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
- The carrier will need to know if delivery is to a residential address. There is no charge for this
- Please call customer service before returning product.
|Manufacturer Part Number||708476|
|Jointer Cutterhead Speed||5500 RPM|
|Dust Collection||4" Port|
I'm a garage woodworker, so space is absolutely limited and I'm constantly thinking about new ways to utilize space. The JJP-12HH does just that. This is my first jointer and an upgrade from a lunchbox planer. I haven't had any alignment issues, and the table was coplaner right out of the box as advertised. The fitted with digital readout, and I'm within about 3/1000 which is good enough for me. I never used the factory scale with my old planer either, and the digital scale is cheap and highly recommended. Yes, you have to bend down to access the planer adjustment wheel, but that is the trade-off of having a combo machine. I don't know how else it could be designed. Transitioning takes 30 seconds. If that's too much time to waste for you, again you probably wouldn't be looking at a space-saving design like this one.
Now that I've seen the helical head, straight knives be gone. Easy to replace, and I think any helix style will work. Another thing I've found with this machine is that the drive motor, belts, etc. are easy to access as the back is one removable panel.
Plan on plenty of degreasing when you take the packaging off, but as with any cast iron protect it with T1 or something comparable immediately. You will not be able to move this by yourself, so buy the mobile base whether you think you'll need it or not. I got three friends to help me lift it onto the mobile base. I also recommend the Dust Right Quick Fit attachments. They make the change over easier.
If you're pressed for space I highly recommend this product.
over 2 years ago
Alignment procedures are in the manual and straightforward - requiring only common hand tools and a straightedge.
over 3 years ago
over 2 years ago
That is correct, no plug. As it is a 220V I think they leave the plug end to the customer as there are a number of different plug types for 220V.
I found my plug end at my local Home Depot. You will want to match your plug end with the same style as your 220 receptacle. Home that helps, Kent