Jorgensen E-Z Hold Medium-Duty Expandable Bar Clamp/Spreaders
Convert to a spreader by flipping the quick-release clamp head—connect two clamps together for more capacity!
In addition to its easy, one-handed action and rugged build quality, the quick-release head on Jorgensen's E-Z Hold Clamp can be flipped with the push of a button for conversion to a spreader. The same quick-release button, combined with the dual-dovetail interlocking heads makes these the first clamps that are ''expandable''—they can be joined end-to-end for greater clamping capacity. Just flip the fixed heads to the bottom of the bar and slide the dovetail heads together for the capacity of the two clamps together, plus an additional 6''. With every two clamps you buy, it's like getting a third longer clamp for free!
- One-handed clamping action—just squeeze the comfortable dual durometer handle
- Dual dovetail slots let you connect two clamps together to make one large clamp
- Exclusive, patented design, only clamps like it on the market today
- Up to 300 pounds of clamping force—rugged clutch design won't slip
- Quick-release clamping heads for fast changes from clamp to spreader to expanded clamp
(1) Jorgensen 33412 E-Z Hold Medium-Duty Expandable Bar Clamp/Spreader
First and foremost you actually get the 12" and a little more. My Dewalt 12" clamps don't even make it to 12", as you can see from the pictures. So you get a full 12" clamp with these.
They also have a much more comfortable grip and locking lever. Plus they are a little heavier built than other brands.
Won't be buying any more Yellow ones, future clamps will be In the color of orange. Oh, and they have some clamping power.
The button to release the stationary piece is very much the weak link to these clamps. The 1/16th inch plastic rod breaks easily. I've ended up drilling a hole & bolting the button back in place thru the steel rod. Which does eliminate the easy transition to a spreader type clamp.
The location of the quick-release lever is awkward.