Laguna PL 12|20 Portable Laser
Engrave wood, acrylic, glass, marble, granite and more with the Laguna PL 12|20 Laser. The machine has a 12'' x 20'' working envelope that accommodates a wide variety of small projects, signs, models, glassware and more, and the removable floor lets you lase items that are too large to fit inside the machine. The body of the Laguna is made from solid steel, guaranteeing stability and precision at any speed. In fact, almost every component is made from metal, ensuring a long working life. The Laguna features separate terminals for high and low voltage. The high voltage connects the CO2 tube to the laser while the low voltage connects to the controller and circuit board. This eliminates disturbances in the laser path, as well as providing longer life. Package includes a water chiller, air compressor and an exhaust fan for easy venting to the outdoors.
- Water chiller, air compressor and exhaust fan are included
- True 20'' x 12'' working envelope inside the laser
- Removable floor allows you to engrave objects that don't fit inside the machine
- USB port for convenient connection to your computer
- All cables are UL certified
- Requires a computer with Windows OS; not compatible with Mac
- There is an additional $75.00 shipping charge for this item.
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Estimated Delivery time: 1-2 weeks.
- 25% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
(1) CW-3000 Water Chiller
(1) Air compressor with attachments
(1) Exhaust fan with two collapsible exhaust ducts
(1) RDWorks 8.0 software package
|Manufacturer Part Number||MLC122040|
It is not noisy, the sound of the included exhaust fan and chiller (water cooler) are the loudest components at about 6-65 dB. The machine itself is rated at 55 dB.
The depth of cut is dependent on the number of passes and the clearance. With the bottom in, it can allow a maximum work piece thickness of 3/4". With the bottom removed that thickness is infinite.
The single pass cut limits are in between 1/8" and 1/2" inch for most materials. For example, acrylic we have tested up to 1/4" with no problems. It can cut any wood veneers and most woods up to 3/8" in thickness.
Keep in mind that C02 lasers cannot cut metal materials, but can engrave metals with surface finished like anodized aluminum. It can also engrave many unusual materials like marble and granite.
I hope this helps, we are working hard to produce tutorial videos and documentation on this.
class is: 2A