Liberon Black Bison Fine Paste Wax
A venerable non-toxic wax that works well as a protective finish on bare wood and as an extra barrier against damage from water, heat and alcohol on finished furniture.
Created in England more than 100 years ago, Liberon's paste wax has come to be regarded as one of the finest available. Use as a protective finish over bare wood and to create an extra barrier against damage from water, heat and alcohol on finished furniture. Available in a variety of colors.
A blend of paraffin, microcrystalline and carnauba mixed with the highest quality mineral spirits available gives Liberon Fine Paste Wax its pleasing aroma.
- Can be used directly on bare wood as a finish and is often found on Oak or Pine country style furniture where the timber needs feeding.
- Use over french polish, varnish or oil finishes to create a protective barrier.
- All colors consist of finely ground natural earth pigments.
- Best application is with the Liberon 4/0 steel wool pad - a thin coat is best. Buff within 20 minutes of the application.
- Clean up or dissolve with mineral spirits.
- The pin hole in the top of each can allows for easy on/off of the lid.
- Easy to repair - simply rewax the affected area!
- Neutral- water clear, no pigment, just a protecting coat
- Clear- light hint of amber, adds "warmth"
- Antique Pine- light, gentle brown
- Walnut- deep, medium brown
- Victorian Mahogany- burgundy color
- Medium Mahogany- a reddish brown
- Medium Oak- medium toned brown
- Dark Oak- rich, dark brown
- Tudor Oak - the darkest brown, close to black, also considered a Jacobean finish. Ideal to capture that "Arts & Crafts" look.
|Dry Time||20-40 min|
|Color||Clear, Dark Oak, Medium Oak, Neutral, Tudor Oak, Victorian Mahogany, Walnut|