Longworth Style Type 2 Chucks
Just rotate the discs and the rubber bumpers grip the rim of your bowl so the bottom can be turned—faceplate threads directly onto your lathe.
Quickly finish turning the bottoms of your bowls and platters with the Type 2 Longworth Style chuck—just rotate the two plates in opposing directions and the self-centering rubber bumpers close in on the rim! Once securely mounted, you can finish turning the tenon away. Unlike many other rechucking methods, the soft buttons won't mar your project or your finish. When compressed with the wing nuts, the buttons expand to provide a secure grip. You can use your Longworth chuck in compression mode (bumpers on the outside of the vessel) or in expansion mode with the bumpers inside of the rim. The Type 2 chuck adds two useful features to prior versions: it includes a threaded faceplate for secure mounting and it is compatible with the optional doughnut ring set. Made in USA.
- CNC machined from durable 1/2'' thick HDPE plastic; arrives fully assembled
- Your Longworth Type 2 Chuck will arrive with a heavy-duty steel faceplate with 1'' x 8 TPI threading
- Complete instructions and a DVD are included with your Longworth Chuck Type 2
- To ensure clearance over the bed, the actual disc diameter is smaller than the nominal dimensions
- Type 2 Longworth Chucks are compatible with the optional doughnut rings set
- Includes 8 buttons. Replacement packs of buttons with hardware are available separately (#69065)
Note: Intended for light finishing cuts only—NOT for heavy stock removal.
(1) Longworth Style Chuck Type 2 with threaded faceplate
(8) Rubber buttons with hardware
|Manufacturer Part Number||10"-LWC-T2 Basic|
10'' Longworth Chuck Type 2:
12'' Longworth Chuck Type 2:
16'' Longworth Chuck Type 2:
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood