Save $120 over the regular price with this all-inclusive woodturning package—includes a lathe, chisels and expert instruction!
Mini Lathe and Turning Tool Set with 6-Month AAW Woodturning FUNdamentals Membership
Our introductory woodturning package includes all the tools and instruction required to get started in the art of woodturning! The centerpiece of the package is the Excelsior 5-Speed Mini Lathe, which accepts bowls nearly 10'' in diameter and spindles up to 17-3/4'' in length. In addition, the 3-Piece Carbide Turning Tool Set gives you the tools to make the basic cuts, and you won't be slowed down by the need to sharpen. Just rotate the carbide cutter for a fresh, sharp edge. A 6-month subscription to the ''FUNdamentals'' web portal from the American Association of Woodturners fills out the package with all-important knowledge and know-how. You'll gain access to a wide range of articles, projects, techniques, tips and online videos, all aimed at providing a solid foundation in basic techniques. Plus, you'll get full access to current and past issues of the Woodturning FUNdamentals digital publication.
- Convenient door provides access to the belt and 5 speeds: 760, 1100, 1600, 2200 and 3200 RPM
- Spur center on headstock
- Ball-bearing live center on tailstock
- Heavy-duty knockout bar for spur center
- Cam-locking ratcheting adjustment levers
- Convenient belt access door
- Chrome-plated hardware
- Removable safety switch
- Non-slip feet
Carbide Turning Tool Set:
- Comfortable rubber handles provide excellent control and reduce fatigue
- Replaceable carbide tips require no sharpening
- Rotate the carbide cutter for a fresh, sharp edge
- Replace once all available edges have grown dull
- Handles are turned from fine, solid ash, and encased in molded rubber for grip
- Diamond Carbide Mini Turning Tool - Use as a parting tool, and for tight profiles. Overall length of cutter is 1-1/8''. Angle is approximately 35 degrees
- Square Carbide Mini Turning Tool - Use for flat or convex areas on spindles. Cutter is 3/8'' square
- Round Carbide Mini Turning Tool - Produces a smooth finish on curved, concave surfaces and for general turning. Diameter of is just under 1/2''
AAW FUNdamentals Online Membership:
- Access to the AAW FUNdamentals web portal
- Woodturning FUNdamentals digital publication, current issues and past archives (two digital issues per 6-month membership, plus periodic publications on specialty topics)
- Access to numerous high-quality online videos and other resources, including a member forum, directories for local chapters, a calendar of woodturning events, opportunities to connect with other turners, prize drawings and more!
Important Notes: AAW Membership is not returnable, nor refundable. Membership requires registration and activation.
(1) Excelsior 5-Speed Mini Lathe
(1) FUNdamentals Online AAW Woodturning Membership, 6 Months
(1) Mini Ergonomic Carbide Turning Tool, Round (#48162)
(1) Mini Ergonomic Carbide Turning Tool, Square (#44622)
(1) Mini Ergonomic Carbide Turning Tool, Diamond (#47459)
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood
5 months ago
- Excelsior Mini Lathe$299.99
- Subscription to Woodworker's Journal Magazine-United States Rates (Non-Gift)
Starting at $19.95
- Subscription to Woodworker's Journal Magazine-International Rates (Non-Gift)
Starting at $25.95