Everything you need to start your bowl turning adventure—includes the popular G3 chuck, plus the extended reach of the Cole Jaws and Cole Jaw Buffer Kit!
Nova G3 Chuck and Bowl Turning Bundle, 1'' x 8 TPI
Nova's G3 Chuck/Cole Jaw Bundle includes the popular G3 Chuck with standard 50mm jaws, plus the 10'' Cole Jaws, the Cole Jaw Buffer Kit, and the Woodworm Screw, all in a sturdy storage case with a handle. Offering solid construction, minimal vibration and ease-of-use, the Nova G3 has become a favorite chuck for small and mid-sized lathes. It can be used on any lathe with a 1'' x 8 TPI thread, and up to 16'' of swing over the bed. The G3 is a self-centering chuck, so all four jaws close at the same time by turning a single key. With only one hand needed to close the chuck, your other hand is free to align the stock. At just 1.79'' long, the compact G3 helps to maximize your distance between centers, and reduces stress on the spindle. This is a direct thread chuck. It cannot accept an insert/adapter to change the threading.
- Small, compact design minimizes load on small spindles and bearings
- Dedicated 1'' x 8 TPI RH thread—no separate insert required
- Single-handed operation with included chuck key
- Four jaw design firmly grips both round and square wood—Tufflock geared grip provides a powerful, positive hold
- Locking set screw allows it to be used for sanding in reverse mode when mounted on the Nova Comet II
- Wide range of available accessory jaws (Note that although all Nova jaws will fit, not all are recommended for use with the G3)
- Jaw slides made from high-tech copper fused steel for maximum hardness, wear, and self-lubricating properties
- Auto safety stop feature—jaw slides can't protrude past the chuck body
- Precision machined in one operation from a solid steel block for optimal accuracy
- Polished finish to allow for closer tolerances and accuracy
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw included for fast mounting of rough timbers
- 6 Year warranty
Package includes a set of 10'' Cole Jaws for final finishing of bowl bottoms, plus the Cole Jaw Buffer Kit for a more secure grip on your turnings!
The Nova Standard Cole Jaws are designed for re-chucking bowls with the bottom side exposed in order to remove chuck marks, add decoration or to re-shape the bottom of the bowl. They are suitable for lathes with a minimum 12''/300mm swing diameter. Other Nova jaw sets can be fitted to the Cole Jaws for a variety of mounting options, and custom wooden jaws can also be created for unique situations. The included 6030 Jaw Buffer Kit extends the workholding potential of the Cole Jaws for turned edge bowls and large diameter cylinders. The kit includes two different sets of buffers—multi-sided buffers and long pin buffers—to cover most workholding requirements. The multi-sided buffers are reinforced with steel so they won't deform under pressure and pull the turning blank away from the jaws. The pin buffers are designed for maximum surface contact on longer turnings. Eight of each style are included, along with fastenings.
- A fast, easy way of re-chucking bowls to make the finishing cuts on the bottom side
- Holds a wide range of bowl sizes safely
- Other jaws can be attached for more mounting versatility
- Exceptional structural strength
- While traditionally these type of jaws are used in the compression mode, depending on the bowl shape, the jaws can be used to grip in either the contracting or expanding mode
- To ensure best grip, the bowl should have a positive or negative flair towards the edge of the bowl
- Try to avoid straight-sided bowls where the grip will be less efficient
- Best practice is to have a cutting action such that much of the chisel force is directed towards the headstock, not across the face
Important Note: Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non-genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void the warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks. Do not use on any other chuck.
- (1) Nova G3 Chuck with 1'' x 8-TPI Threading
- (1) Set of 50mm/2" jaws
- (1) Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw
- (1) Instruction Manual
- (1) T-handle chuck key
- (4) Cole Jaw Segments
- (8) Rubber Bumpers
- (1) Fastener Kit
- (8) Long Pin Buffers
- (8) Multi-Sided Steel Reinforced Buffers
- (1) Set of Fastenings for all included products
- (1) Set of Instruction for all included products
- (1) Storage case
|Manufacturer Part Number||48266|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood