Includes the G3 Chuck with 50mm jaws, Pen Plus Jaws, Mandrel Saver and the Woodworm Screw, all in a sturdy storage case!
Nova G3 Chuck and Pen Turning Bundle, 1'' x 8 TPI
Nova's G3 Pen Turning Bundle includes the popular G3 Chuck with standard 50mm jaws, plus the Pen Plus Jaws, Mandrel Saver and the Woodworm Screw, all in a sturdy storage case with a handle. Offering solid construction, minimal vibration and ease-of-use, the Nova G3 has become a favorite chuck for small and mid-sized lathes. It can be used on any lathe with a 1'' x 8 TPI thread, and up to 16'' of swing over the bed. The G3 is a self-centering chuck, so all four jaws close at the same time by turning a single key. With only one hand needed to close the chuck, your other hand is free to align the stock. At just 1.79'' long, the compact G3 helps to maximize your distance between centers, and reduces stress on the spindle. This is a direct thread chuck. It cannot accept an insert/adapter to change the threading.
- Small, compact design minimizes load on small spindles and bearings
- Dedicated 1'' x 8 TPI RH thread—no separate insert required
- Single-handed operation with included chuck key
- Four jaw design firmly grips both round and square wood—Tufflock geared grip provides a powerful, positive hold
- Locking set screw allows it to be used for sanding in reverse mode when mounted on the Nova Comet II
- Wide range of available accessory jaws (Note that although all Nova jaws will fit, not all are recommended for use with the G3)
- Jaw slides made from high-tech copper fused steel for maximum hardness, wear, and self-lubricating properties
- Auto safety stop feature—jaw slides can't protrude past the chuck body
- Precision machined in one operation from a solid steel block for optimal accuracy
- Polished finish to allow for closer tolerances and accuracy
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw included for fast mounting of rough timbers
- 6 Year warranty
Package includes the Pen Plus Jaws for accurate pen blank drilling, the Mandrel Saver to help prevent bent pen mandrels, and a sturdy storage case!
Nova's Pen Plus Jaws quickly convert your Nova chuck into a fast, accurate pen blank drilling tool. The large jaw profile provides a solid grip for all sizes of pen blanks, and a perfectly centered hole, every time. Being able to finely control the drill feed on your lathe helps to prevent break out on delicate pen walls. Pen Plus Jaws are also perfect for squaring up the pen blank ends after gluing in the tubes. But here's the ''Plus'' in Pen Plus—the heavy-duty design of the jaws means that they're also powerful enough to handle larger, longer spigot work. With an internal profile that accepts square turning blanks, and a rock solid grip over 1-1/2" long, the jaws perform admirably, with minimal vibration.
Pen mandrels usually bend into the end indentation of your mandrel when you tighten the tailstock center point. With the Nova Pen Mandrel Saver, the mandrel shaft goes through the hollow live center, providing support without pressure. Your pen bushings will press against the center with little to no pressure on the mandrel shaft.
Important Note: Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non-genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void the warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks. Do not use on any other chuck.
- (1) Nova G3 Chuck with 1'' x 8-TPI Threading
- (1) Set of 50mm/2" jaws
- (1) Set of Pen Plus 6034 Jaws
- (1) Mandrel Saver 9048
- (1) Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw
- (1) Instruction Manual
- (1) T-handle chuck key
- (1) Set of fastenings
- (1) Storage case
|Manufacturer Part Number||48265|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood