PhotoVCarve Software for CNC
PhotoVCarve allows CNC machines to carve and engrave photographic images in a way that used to be possible only with expensive laser marking systems. The software converts photographs and images into high-quality toolpaths for virtually all CNC machines, using lines and grooves that vary in width and depth to represent the detail in an image. PhotoVCarve is also perfect for machining 3D Lithophanes directly from photographs for lasting gifts, keepsakes and mementos. Whether you're a hobbyist or a professional engraver, you'll enjoy the simplicity, utility and quick results of PhotoVCarve.
Types of Machinging:
- V-Groove Machining: Uses grooves of varying width and depth to represent detail. Automatically calculates toolpaths based on cutter selected and maximum depth of groove. Quality of finished result is dependent upon a high level of contrast between material surface and machined grooves.
- 3D Lithophane Machining: Lithophanes are 3D photographs that when viewed in normal lighting look rather flat, but when back lit transform into stunning 3D pictures with depth and detail that cannot be seen in a 2D photograph.
- 3D Grayscale Machining: PhotoVCarve automatically converts a grayscale image into a 3D height map that can then be carved.
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
- Estimated Delivery time: 1 week.
- Software cannot be returned or refunded.
Be sure to select the correct Post Processor at the "Preview and Save Toolpath" step. The toolpath file can then be saved to a USB drive and loaded into the Piranha pendant.