Porter Cable 1-3/4 HP D-Handle Router, Model #691
Porter-Cable's D-Handle, fixed base 691 1-1/2 HP, 27,500 RPM router is ideal for woodworking, remodeling, trim and home improvement projects. Its D-Handle delivers a low center of gravity and a trigger lock-on feature for increased tool control in hard and soft woods and engineered material like melamine and PVC trim. Macro-adjust the tool with the cam-lock lever for simple edge-forming. Use the micro depth adjustments for bit depth changes accurate to 1/128 of an inch. It accepts collets for 1/4 and 1/2 inch shank bits and features an auto-release collet system minimizing frozen bits.
- 11 Amp, 27,500 rpm motor producing 1-3/4 Peak HP
- GripVac™ handle allows for both single hand gripping and enhanced router control when used in conjunction with standard knob
- D-handle incorporates trigger switch with "lock-on" feature
- Precision machined aluminum motor housing and base
- Micrometer depth adjustor accurate to 1/128"
- Dust-sealed switch and sealed ball bearing construction enhance tool durability
- Auto-release collet system allows for easy bit removal after use
- Collets included to accept 1/4" and 1/2" shank bits
(1) D-Handle Base
(1) 1/4" Collet
(1) 1/2" Collets
(1) Collet Wrench
(1) Operating Manual
|Manufacturer Part Number||691|
|Speed Range||27500 RPM|
10 months ago
1" D x 1-3/4" H x 1/2" Shank Rockler Pattern Flush Trim Bit
Item #: 37348 to pattern shape two pieces of 3/4" thick Marine plywood that will be laminated together to build an inflatable boat transom. Which router would be the best choice for this bit and job? I plan to cut the 1.5" thick transom plug about 1/4" proud of the transom template on all sides so the bit will be trimming about 1/4 of stock 1.5" thick. The transom plug is of such size, shape and weight I figured it would be best to clamp it to the work table and hand hold the router. two concerns are that I want a router powerful enough to do the job without bogging down and rippling the edge yet I want a router that's not to big that I can't control it with two hands. I'm looking at the Porter 690LR or the Porter 7918, is the Porter 7918 to large and powerful to hold two handed? on bench clamped stock? Is there a better choice than one of these routers?
As for dovetails, yes this can be used for making dovetails
23653 price $119.99. If you have the D handle base and the handle needs to be replaced you might try the Porter Cable web site.