Rikon 70-3040 30'' x 40'' 3HP VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed
Big capacities, compact footprint—motorized sliding bed doubles your center-to-center distance and increases swing when needed.
Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
Estimated Vendor Lead Time: 7-10 Business Days
If you need a lathe with big capacities, but don't want a huge machine swallowing up space in your shop, the motorized sliding bed on the Rikon 70-3040 is a game changer. With just a turn of a switch, the upper bed slides out to double your spindle turning capacity from 20'' to up to 40''. At the same time, it adds 6'' of additional swing over the lower bed, allowing you to turn large bowls or platters over 31'' in diameter. When you go back to turnings of more typical sizes, you still have the footprint of a much smaller lathe. Made of heavy-duty solid cast iron and steel, this space-saving lathe is built with all the brawn necessary for such large work. The 3HP TEFC, 220V motor delivers ample power, while 4 heavy-duty bearings in the headstock ensure smooth torque transfer. Digital speed controls and a movable magnetic readout give you easy, convenient adjustments.
- Motorized bed slides to the right to double spindle turning capacity from 20'' to 40'', and increase swing diameter from 25-3/16'' to 31-13/16''
- Beefy 3HP motor with forward/reverse delivers ample power to turn large diameter projects
- Indexing head with 36 index positions for creating decorative details
- Control box has a magnetic back so it can be set anywhere along the lathe for quick access
- LCD displays speed in bold, easy-to-read numbers from 20 to 3850 RPMs
- Cast iron tool rest base is extra-wide and sturdy for increased stability when extended out for turning bowl and platter rims
- Use the 4'' tool rest height extension in the banjo to position your tool rest when the lower bed is used
- Tailstock's quill extends out to a generous 4-3/4'' RAM travel with precision Acme threading
- Storage shelves in the tailstock casting hold 2 live or spur centers and a knockout bar
- Sturdy metal legs feature inner supports for attaching 1 or 2 shop-made shelves for extra tool storage or to hold sandbags for added weight
- Hefty headstock spindle supported by 4 heavy-duty bearings for precise and dependable turning
- #2MT head takes all standard lathe accessories and includes a 15mm (19/32'') thru-bore for knock-out bar use or attaching vacuum clamp systems
- Includes a 12'' PRO Tool Rest with a hardened top surface that allows turning tools to smoothly move along its length
- Large, comfortable locking handles for adjustments, and to lock in your settings
- Easy Belt Changes—no knobs or bolts to unscrew!
(1) Rikon 70-3040 30'' x 40'' 3HP VSR Lathe with Sliding Bed
(1) Live center
(1) Spur center
|Manufacturer Part Number||70-3040|