Rockler Miter Fold Dado Set
With just four passes on the table saw, the Rockler Miter Fold Dado Set turns a flat sheet of plywood or hardwood into a box with four sides and a top or bottom. The blade cuts a profiled channel through most of the wood, leaving just the face veneer intact. The joint is then folded, hinging on the veneer, which leaves a seamless corner, and grain that flows beautifully through the joint. The miter fold blade can be used to create casework, boxes and drawers with minimal tools and setup, and can also be used as an ordinary 8'' dado set. When compared to a simple v-groove miter fold, the Rockler Miter Fold makes a joint that is stronger, easier to clamp and less prone to glue squeeze-out. The unique locking profile keeps the miters from sliding around under clamping pressure, and creates a longer joint line for greater strength. A common problem with basic 45° miter folds is that glue is funneled to the inside of the joint when the joint is folded closed. The Rockler Miter Fold uses a rabbet profile at the inside of the joint to reduce this tendency. The result is a strong, clean joint with almost no sanding required.
- Just four cuts to make a box with four sides and a top/bottom
- Works with plywood or hardwood ranging from 1/4'' to 3/4'' nominal thickness
- One box from a single sheet of material means perfect grain match, with flow-through grain at four edges
- Veneer can be left intact for a truly seamless look (use tape to reinforce the delicate veneer)
- Lock miter design allows easier clamping miters won't slide around under clamping pressure
- More glue area than a simple V-groove type miter fold joint
- Rabbet profile on inside of joint helps to stop glue squeeze-out toward interior of box
- May also be used as an 8'' dado set for cutting dados
- High-grade carbide teeth for sharpness and durability
(2) 8'' x 1/8'' 16-Tooth Dado Blades
(4) 2-Tooth Chipper Blades
(11) Spacers (various thicknesses)
(1) Set of Instructions
|Manufacturer Part Number||N/A|
|Saw Blade Diameter||N/A|
|Number of Teeth||N/A|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
Very sturdy, lighter weight. Just one more option you could use with the miter fold dado set.
9 months ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
We are hoping to have this completed by 6/26/2017..”
Enter an answer to this question.
from Andrew Klein on Instagram re Sawstop that the product description does not share: "It won't work with the sawstop because the diameter of the miter fold blade is too large to fit with the 8" dado brake, and the saw won't run without a break installed, even in bypass."
One word of caution. Depending upon the size of the drawers you plan to make, you will need an indeed table, outfeed table, and plenty of table space on both sizes of the fence. This becomes necessary because once you have made two of the cuts, the plywood blank that will become your drawer turns into a floppy noodle that is subject to damage if not properly supported.
bigger than 3/4". going deeper would leave an additional facet in the cut.