Rockler Portable Drill Guide
Get the precision of a drill press with the portability of a hand drill—The portable drill guide is ideal for small shops that lack the space for a full-size drill press.
Take one plunge with our Portable Drill Guide and you'll instantly feel the qualities that set it apart from the rest. Smooth, precise and free of play, it gives you the accuracy and control of a drill press with the portability of a hand drill. Just attach your drill to the 1/4'' hex shank and drill away. Robust handles with comfortable rubber casings provide a substantial feel, while the hefty 1/2'' chuck grips large bits with ease. Unlike similar drill guides, ours drills at any angle from 0° to 60° using the easy-to-read protractor scale. The depth stop lets you drill to the same depth again and again, nice for repetitive tasks like shelf pins. Mounting holes on the base accept shop-made jigs, while the V-notches let you center holes in dowels and other round stock. Finally, two included pins can be installed in the base to straddle your work. This centers the bit over the edge—a great solution for doweling.
- Smooth sliding plunge action with virtually zero play
- Glassy smooth ball bearings in chuck housing for efficient transfer of power
- Large capacity: 9-5/16'' from chuck tip to bottom of base
- Sturdy 1/2'' Jacobs chuck—works with bits up to 2-7/8'' in diameter
- Your drill attaches to the quick-change compatible 1/4'' hex shank on top
- Sharply engraved protractor scale for angled drilling from 0° to 60°
- Integral depth stop for repeatable drilling at a set depth
- V-notches allow drilling in dowels and other round stock
- Mounting holes on base accept a range of shop-made jigs
- Centering pins can be installed in the base to straddle your work for doweling—pins store onboard
- Accepts the optional Self-Centering Drill Vise (#50916) or buy the two together as a bundle (#BMX63057)
NOTICE: For best performance, occasionally apply a lubricant like Boeshield T-9 (#59299, sold separately) to the vertical posts.
(1) Rockler Portable Drill Guide
(1) Chuck Key
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.