Rockler Silicone Casting Mold, Handle Blank
Cast your own one-of-a-kind handle blanks with these flexible silicone molds—included stopper lets you adjust the length of the blank!
These flexible silicone molds let you make your own custom handle blanks by pouring in resin mixed with whatever colorants you like. Once the resin is cured, the flexible silicone makes it easy to extract the blanks. An included stopper lets you adjust the length of the blank, helping to conserve resin. The optimal fill height of 1-1/2'' is clearly marked on the interior of the cavity.
- Create one-of-a-kind handle banks with casting resin and a wide range of colorants
- Mold is made of silicone for easy release of cast resin once it has cured. To prevent damage to the mold and prolong its life, we strongly recommend using Stoner Mold Release (66406, sold separately)
- Finished blanks are 1-1/2'' x 1-1/2'' x 7'' long without stopper
- For shorter blanks, stopper can be positioned as needed—inch scale on top makes adjustment easy
- Dot on stopper marks the center of the cast blank—useful when transferring to the lathe
- Ribs on outside of mold provide strength to prevent deflection when filled with resin
- Matte exterior for easy removal of excess resin; high-gloss interior leaves smooth finish
- Hang hole for convenient storage
(1) Silicone handle blank casting mold