Rockler Universal Router Base with Whirlwind Dust Port
Adds stability, edge-routing versatility, and excellent dust collection capability, both above and below the bit!
This versatile router baseplate extends well over the flat face of your workpiece, providing far better stability when edge profiling. In addition, this package includes the Whirlwind Dust Port, which surrounds the router bit for exceptional dust collection! The baseplate includes a fence/edge guide that can be used to guide bits without bearings along the edge of your workpiece—ideal for dados, grooves, fluting and inlays. The fence is reversible: one edge is straight, while the other is a contoured two-point guide that's useful for following inside and outside curves. Finally, the baseplate accepts our selection of Standard (4'' O.D.) Rockler Router Plate Insert Rings, which add a great deal of versatility to your router. A standard guide bushing insert is included, while a variety of other inserts are available separately.
- Adds stability, edge-routing precision and the ability to change insert rings
- Edge guide is reversible for straight workpieces and curved workpieces
- Two separate fence attachment points allow you to rout from 0'' to 5'' from the edge
- Accepts our selection of Standard (4'' O.D.) Rockler Router Plate Insert Rings
- Made from 3/8'' thick clear acrylic for excellent visibility, with a durable 1/2'' thick edge guide
- Pre-drilled to fit many popular routers and can be drilled to fit others
- Includes standard 1-3/16'' guide bushing insert and screws to attach router
Baseplate is pre-drilled for the following routers:
- Bosch 1617 (fixed base only)
- Bosch 1618 series
- Bosch 1619
- Bosch 1619 EVS
- Dewalt DW625
- Dewalt DW616
- Dewalt DW618 series
- Hitachi M12VC (not M12V)
- Makita 1100 series
- Porter-Cable 100
- Porter-Cable 690
- Porter-Cable 890 series
- Porter-Cable 7529
- Porter-Cable 8529
Package includes the Whirlwind Dust Port for exceptional dust collection, both above and below the bit!
Designed as an accessory to Rockler's Universal Router Base, this innovative two-piece system contains dust both above and below the bit for mess-free edge routing. The unique top attachment surrounds the router bit from above, creating a visible whirlwind effect that forces dust down into the larger lower component. The top piece attaches without tools to the included baseplate insert.
- Top component locks in place on the table insert with a simple counter-clockwise turn
- For added versatility, the lower attachment can mount in a number of directions
- Dust port fits a standard 2-1/2'' dust hose
NOTE: The Whirlwind Dust Port is only compatible with the included Rockler Universal Router Base.
(1) Rockler Universal Router Baseplate
(1) Standard (4'' O.D.) 1-3/16" Guide Bushing Insert
(1) Pack of Screws to Attach Router
(1) Whirlwind Dust Port for Routers
(2) Mounting Screws to attach to baseplate
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.