Rockler Vacuum Pump Kit
Combined with our Vacuum Clamp Pods (sold separately) the Rockler Vacuum Pump Kit, featuring a Gast vacuum pump, lets you secure your workpiece from the bottom side, with no clamp arms to get in the way. This means you'll get ubobstructed access to the face and edges of your workpiece for sanding, routing and planing. Vacuum clamping systems can work on almost any workpiece with at least one flat face. Ideal for CNC projects, routed signs and plaques, small workpieces, carvings and more. Includes vacuum pump, 9' of hose and seven various brass fittings for connection to your vacuum clamping system.
- Includes a Gast vacuum pump, made in the USA
- Generates suction of 25.5'' of mercury (Hg), enough to connect four Rockler Vacuum Clamp Pods
- Oil-free operation, rugged construction, and little maintenance required
- Carrying handle and rubber feet for easy portability and stability
- Includes power cord, hose and brass fittings for connection to your vacuum clamping system
- Vacuum Clamp Pods sold separately.
(1) Pressure Gauge
(1) Air Filter
(1) Roll of Vinyl Tubing, 3/8'' I.D. x 1/2'' O.D. x 9' Long
(1) 1/4'' FNPT Crossed Brass Intersection Fitting
(1) 1/4'' MNPT Plug
(1) 1/4'' FNPT to 1/4'' Barbed Fitting
(4) 1/4'' MNPT to 3/8'' Barbed Fittings
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
What common appliance would it compare to in sound volume?
A maximum of four clamp pods may be connected in series with suction of 25'' of mercury (Hg). Use a more powerful pump or multiple pumps if you wish to use more clamp pods simultaneously
Since this pump generates 25.5" I would assume that the answer is 4. That's what I bought anyway. Haven't used it yet, so I don't know how good it is.