Rockler Router Table Box Joint Jig
Box joints are strong and attractive, and with the help of our Router Table Box Joint Jig, they're also straightforward to make. This jig uses precision-machined solid brass indexing keys to ensure uniform finger spacing and an airtight fit. Keys are included for three finger widths: 1/4'', 3/8'' and 1/2'', and can be used with stock up to 3/4'' thick. The smooth-sliding sled features long ''skis'' that keep it square to the bit and tabs on the bottom that stop the sled at the end of the cut. Lock it into the miter slot of your table with our comfortable Easy-to-Grip knobs and you're ready to rout.
- Solid brass indexing keys ensure uniform spacing and tight finger joints
- Indexing keys store neatly in slots behind the sled
- Comfortable ergonomic knobs lock platform into 3/4'' miter slot
- Sled is made of durable glass-filled nylon, slides smoothly and provides ample support
- Sacrificial MDF fence face helps control tearout
- Dimensionally stable MDF platform has low-friction melamine coating for easy sliding and durability
For best results, we strongly recommend applying a blade and bit lubricant such as Bostik GlideCote (#97594, sold separately) to the router bit before cutting box joints. This will greatly reduce heat buildup and scorching, which are likely to produce poor results and shorten the life of your bit.
(2) Soft-grip knobs with miter track hardware
(1) Glass-filled nylon sled
(1) Sacrificial fence face
(1) 1/4'' brass indexing key
(1) 3/8'' brass indexing key
(1) 1/2'' brass indexing key
(1) Set of Instructions
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.