Shaper Origin Handheld CNC Router
Offers all the convenience and accuracy of a CNC, but in a compact, portable package with no limits on workpiece size!
The Shaper Origin is the world's first computer-assisted handheld router. It works much like a traditional CNC, with X, Y and Z axes, but since it is handheld, with no table and gantry, it's both portable and exceptionally space-efficient for small shops. Simply follow the toolpath on the screen as you cut. As long as you stay in the general cutting area, the spindle will auto-correct 100X/second to keep the cutter in exactly the right position to within 1/100''. If you happen to wander too far off track, the bit will automatically retract, preventing damage to your workpiece. You can cut out precision shapes without the need for physical templates. Origin's intuitive touch screen interface lets you place designs in your workspace and set cut dimensions on the fly, and it automatically calculates toolpaths for you—no programming required. Load designs via WiFi from the ShaperHub website, from a computer with the included USB stick, or design your project right on the screen. With the optional clamping Workstation (see below), the Origin is capable of machining advanced joinery, small parts and much more. Go from cutting out panels, to routing hinge mortises, to cutting joinery with just a few taps on the screen.
- No limitations on the workpiece envelope—perfect for large projects that wouldn't fit on a traditional CNC
- Compact and portable—stows neatly in the included Sys 5 T-Loc Systainer
- To determine its position, the router reads the patterned Shaper Tape (included), which you adhere to the cutting area
- Digitally adjusted X, Y and Z axes (left, right and depth-of-cut)
- Automated Z-axis touch-off sensor sets Z-zero in just seconds
- Touch screen with capacitive multi-touch full-color LCD
- Wi-Fi enabled for transfer of design files via ShaperHub, and for receiving software updates
- USB port allows easy offline transfer of design files
- Works with standard vector files (.SVG)
- Includes on-tool design capabilities
- Precision motor is produced by Festool to Shaper specifications
- Soft-start motor with overheating and overload safety shutoffs
- Dust port and shroud are designed around the SM-1 spindle for optimal dust extraction
- Dust port fits most standard 27mm (35mm O.D.) and 36mm suction hoses (e.g. Festool, Fein)
- Includes a 6.5' adaptor hose with a 2-1/4'' O.D. nozzle for use with US-standard wet/dry vacs
Note: Choose from the standard version with 1-year warranty (#67155), or upgrade to the version with the 2-year Pro warranty (#60887) with live phone support and Rapid Replace protection for immediate shipping of a replacement unit in the event of a failure.
Select a package with the optional Workstation for the ability to cut small workpieces, mortise and tenon joints, box joints, and more!
A key advantage of the Origin Handheld CNC Router is its flexibility in machining small, precise parts like mortise and tenon joints and box joints. The Shaper Workstation lets you enjoy that flexibility easily and efficiently, using a precise vertical clamping surface and a table imprinted with the ShaperTape vision pattern so the router can precisely locate itself. Beautifully engineered as a system to offer perfect 90° registration between the table and the clamping face, and across the clamping face using the retractable registration pins. Two clamps are included, which slide into T-slots in the face. Adjustable support arms and a support bar are provided for the router to ride on. The shelf provides support from below and is easily adjusted with the large quick-release lever. An angle fence is also included for clamping pieces at up to 45° to the table along the clamping face.
(1) Shaper Origin Handheld CNC Router with Shaper SM-1 Spindle
(2) Rolls of ShaperTape (150' each)
(1) Set of tool change accessories
(1) USB flash drive
(1) 1/4'' up-cut spiral cutter
(1) 1/8'' up-cut spiral cutter
(1) 60° engraving cutter
(1) Universal dust collection adapter
(1) Tanos Systainer
Workstation (optional package)
(1) Workstation with support bar, arms, shelf and angle fence
(1) 4mm wrench
(2) Hold-down clamps