Spade Clock Hands
These classic hour and minute hands are sold in pre-matched pairs in either black or brass. The minute hand measures 4-3/16" overall with a 4" sweep (measured from the center of the hole to the tip). Normally, the minute hand should be long enough to reach the outermost edge of the numbers or the minute marks on your clock face. These hands have space to be trimmed slightly for a perfect fit. If you plan to paint the hands, choose black, since the black finish works well as a primer. The black hands also have a white finish on the flip side, so they can easily be reversed for use with dark colored clock faces.
|Manufacturer Part Number||No|
1 year ago
However, even if you want to use a 1" thick piece of wood, you should use a 3 1/4" Forstner bit to drill (only using a drill press!!!) a hole (or recess) in the back to accommodate the shaft length desired. In this example, given a movement with a 3/4" shaft length and a 1" thick piece of wood, the back recess (hole for the movement) should be drilled to a depth of at least 1/2" to allow the hand shaft to be exposed about a 1/4" beyond the front face of the wood.
- Quartz Clock Movement and Pendulum SetSpecial Price $12.79 Regular Price $15.99
- Brass Cane HardwareSpecial Price $7.99 Regular Price $9.99
- 3'' Clock Face, Fancy/Arabic NumeralsSpecial Price $15.19 Regular Price $18.99
- 3'' Clock Face, Gold/Arabic NumeralsSpecial Price $15.19 Regular Price $18.99
- Sword Clock HandsSpecial Price $3.19 Regular Price $3.99