Stanley® Sweetheart™ 8-Pc. Socket Chisel Set
Stanley's premium Sweetheart™ 16-793 8-Pc. Socket Chisel Set is based on Stanley's classic 750 Series chisel design, making this collection an instant classic! Socket chisels are less likely to break than tang chisels, but the socket design makes it very easy to replace the stock handle with one you've turned for a custom, comfortable grip. All chisels are 9" long. Honing recommended before use.
- Socket-style handles are easily replaceable - use with your own custom turned handle or add a long handle for paring
- Hornbeam handles provide a comfortable, well-balanced feel that transfers energy effectively when struck by a mallet
- Large sweet spot for striking accuracy
- English tool steel blades are made from high-carbon chrome steel and ideal for woodworkers
- Sweetheart chisels sharpen easily and retain a razor-sharp edge over long periods of use
- Side bevels are extra narrow for working in tight corners when precise cuts are critical
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-782 1/4" Socket Chisel
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-784 3/8" Socket Chisel
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-785 1/2" Socket Chisel
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-786 5/8" Socket Chisel
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-787 3/4" Socket Chisel
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-788 1" Socket Chisel
(1) Stanley® Sweetheart™ 16-789 1-1/4" Socket Chisel
(1) Tool Roll
|Manufacturer Part Number||16-793|
over 3 years ago
6 months ago
The chisels do take significant work to flatten the back and prep for use, but once done it is easy to re-hone an edge and they will last you a lifetime. I have a variety of different brands of chisels and all of them required some attention (including my Lie Nielsen and Veritas tools. granted these Stanley chisels did take more time to prepare than these other brands, but not so significant that I feel the price wasn't a bargain. Using a proper setup and working your way through the grits, I would consider that I spent no more than 15 minutes per chisel to get to the final stage for use. Prep them as you need them and the impact of setup will be minimal.
Remember that in this package you are getting 8 chisels for $229 at the time of this review... so roughly $29 each. compare this to other premium brands you you pay anywhere from $40 to $75 dollars per chisel. At this low price, a little extra work to prepare the tool is a bargain when the end result is a tool that will last you forever.
over 2 years ago
over 2 years ago