Tormek T-8 Sharpening System with Knife Jig and Tool Rest Jig
The gold standard for water-cooled sharpeners—includes the SVM-45 Knife Jig and SVD-110 Tool Rest for even more versatility!
Tormek's T-8 features a fully cast housing for improved rigidity and minimal play on the universal support. Its water trough has a geared lift mechanism that lets you easily raise and lower it to minimize splashing and provide easy access to the wheel. At the bottom of the trough, a removable magnetic scraper lets you easily clean off steel residue. All of the features woodworkers have come to love are retained in the Tormek T-8. Thanks to water cooling and a slow running speed, you get better control over the edge, without the risk of ruining the temper. There are no sparks, and the motor is quiet and vibration-free. Both shaping and sharpening are done on the same wheel, which can be changed from fast grinding to fine sharpening using the Stone Grader. Honing and polishing is done on the leather honing wheel to bring your tools to a razor sharp, mirror-like finish.
- Fully cast housing improves rigidity and reduces vibration for greater accuracy
- Geared lift on water trough lets you raise the trough tightly up to wheel with the turn of a dial
- Included SE-77 Square Edge Jig accepts blades up to 77mm or 3'' in width
- Truing and Dressing Tool with micro-adjustable screw feed trues the grindstone exactly round and flat. Features dual knobs for smooth feed across the stone
- Stainless steel hardware prevents rust and wear on bearings
- Standard system includes the improved SE-77 Square Edge Jig, which includes a fine-tuning adjustment knob for quickly squaring chisels to the wheel
- Also comes standard with the TT-50 Truing and Dressing Tool, which uses a diamond cutter to return worn, out-of-round wheels to like-new condition
This expanded package includes the SVM-45 Knife Jig and SVD-110 Tool Rest for even more sharpening versatility!
The SVM-45 Knife Jig lets you sharpen any knife with a blade length of 2-3/8'' or longer. It also works with straight or curved spoke shave blades. The SVD-110 Tool Rest is ideal for sharpening turning scrapers, hollowing tools, cabinet scrapers and special tools for woodcarving, such as large scorps and inshaves. It has a large 3-1/2'' x 4-1/4'' work surface for stable positioning of your tool. Lock the Tool Rest at any angle—the wedge-shaped locking mechanism boasts a hold more than twice as strong as a standard mechanism.
(1) Tormek T-8 Sharpening System
(1) SVM-45 Knife Jig
(1) SVD-110 Tool Rest
(1) SE-77 Square Edge Jig
(1) TT-50 Truing and Dressing Tool
(1) SP-650 Stone Grader
(1) WM-200 AngleMaster
(1) PA-70 Honing Compound
(1) HB-10 Handbook
(1) Tormek DVD
|Manufacturer Part Number||53789 60533 60483|