Triton TGEOS Geared Eccentric 6'' Orbital Sander
The Triton TGEOS is a powerful 500W dual-mode sander with a 6'' diameter backing pad. With variable speed and electronic speed maintenance under load, the motor won't bog down under pressure, and you can fine tune the speed to suit the task. In addition, two modes let you quickly select from free-run or fixed orbit mode, for easy control over material removal and surface finish. The pad braking system brings the spinning pad to a halt, preventing accidental swirls or nicks. The swivelling auxiliary handle and vibration-reducing rubber over-molded grips increase user comfort and safety. Vacuum dust extraction port for effective dust removal. Includes six sanding discs and two spare carbon brushes.
- Hook and loop pad
- Powerful 500W motor provides ample power for the most demanding sanding and polishing tasks
- Dual orbit sanding action with free-run mode for fine sanding, and geared fixed orbit mode for fast material removal and buffing
- Vacuum dust extraction port for increased operator safety and clean work areas
- Constant speed under load ensures maximum control at all times
- Variable speed control adapts to a variety of materials and
- Soft start motor and backing pad braking system prevent workpiece damage
- Rubber over-molded grip offers increased support, safety and control of the tool
- Adjustable auxiliary handle adapts the tool to the job and matches operator preference
- Includes 6 sanding discs with various grits and 2 spare carbon brushes for convenient storage, different sanding applications and extended service life
(6) Sanding discs
(2) Spare carbon brushes
(1) Soft case
|Manufacturer Part Number||TGEOS|
Saves a lot of sanding time.
over 4 years ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
I have never used a Rigid 6" orbital sander. However, I have a Dewalt 6" orbital sander and I have also owned a Black & Decker 6" orbital sander and several other non- brand name sanders. How do these sanders compare to the Triton? The Triton is a far superior, heavy duty orbital and geared sander which can be used for heavy removal as well as finish sanding. I have primarily used the Triton on 4x4 Farmhouse table tops which are made from #2 green Douglas fir. The boards are 2"x12"X 6' with bread board ends. The Triton cleans them up nicely! It also is good for finish sanding with 150, 180 or 220 grit 6" sanding discs. The Triton has a vacuum port which I connect my shop vacuum to for dust extraction. The Triron has a regular mode and a geared mode of operation. The geared mode is for heavy removal. It also has adjustable speed control. The only thing that could be a problem for you with the Triton is that it is a large sander and heavier than a small orbital disc sander. However, it has a large adjustable handle to ease the operation and help keep it under your control. It also costs more than twice as much as a good 6" orbital sander. I have enjoyed using it and know it will cut my sanding time down because it gets the job done.
Mike from Whittier