Skewed bevels easily fit into tight corners like those in half-blind dovetails—lower effective cutting angle is also ideal for trimming end grain.
Two Cherries Skew Bevel-Edge Chisels
For cleaning out tight inside corners, nothing beats a chisel with a skewed bevel. Of course, if the bevel is skewed, you need a matching chisel that skews the other direction, and that is just what these sets from Two Cherries provide. Whether you're cleaning out half-blind dovetails, stopped dados, or just knocking glue out of the corners of a freshly assembled door or drawer, you'll appreciate the easy access and smooth cutting these chisels afford. Since they lower the cutting angle (and cutting resistance), skewed chisels are also ideal for trimming end grain: protruding dovetail pins, through-tenons and dowel ends. The skews are ground at 45° to fit into a wide range of angles.
- Skewed bevels easily fit into acute angles like those in half-blind dovetails
- Lower effective cutting angle is ideal for trimming end grain
- Blades are hardened to Rockwell 61C for incredible edge retention
- Double-hooped hornbeam handles easily stand up to mallet taps
- Blades are polished to a high-gloss sheen for less friction against the wood
- Dense hornbeam handles (sometimes called ironwood) stand up to impact and abrasion
- Made in Germany
- Ships directly from the manufacturer
- Must be shipped within 48 contiguous United States
- Estimated Delivery time: 7-14 Days
- please call customer service before returning product
(1) Left-Handed Two Cherries Skewed Bevel-Edge Chisel
(1) Right-Handed Two Cherries Skewed Bevel-Edge Chisel
WARNING: Drilling sawing sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.