Volt King 12-Gauge Cord Reels
Pull out only as much cord as you need, then quickly retract it with a light tug on the end of the cord.
The Volt King 12-gauge self-retracting cord reel lets you pull out as much of the extension cord as you need, then retract it neatly with a quick tug on the end of the cord. It features three outlets at the end of the cord, a 180° swiveling design and an impact-resistant polypropylene case. The ball-style cord stop is adjustable so that any length of cord can be left trailing after it is retracted. Rid yourself of tangles and the hassle of recoiling a traditional extension cord with the Volt King cord reel.
- Includes brackets for mounting on wall or ceiling
- Swivels 180° to avoid stress on the cord
- Cord retracts smoothly and easily, without twists or tangles
- Impact-resistant polypropylene case
- 12/3 SJT 15-amp electrical cord with three 120V outlets
- Overload protection switch shuts down power in case of overload to protect your tools
- Lead-in cord lets you locate the reel up to 4.5' away from an outlet
- For indoor use
How to Operate:
- The cord reels have a ratchet wheel lock which will only lock at the certain points but not able to lock arbitrarily.
- Check the reel for correct operation by slowly pulling out the cord. A ''clicking'' noise will be heard every half revolution of the drum.
- To latch the reel, pull out the cord then allow it to retract after hearing the first, second, or third ''click''.
- To unlatch the reel, slowly pull out the cord until the “clicking” noise stops then, holding on to the cord, let it retract in a controlled way until the cord stop rests against the cord guide rollers.
(1) Volt King Retractable Cord Reel
(1) 40' 12-Gauge Cord (pre-installed)
(1) Mounting bracket
(2) Cement screws
(2) Wood screws
I can't be too mad because the reel is rated for 15A and my table saw is a 15A saw. I should have done more research before I purchased this unit. However, I write this as a warning to anyone who may want to do the same thing I was attempting to do. This reel will NOT handle anything over 15A, so if you plan on using it for anything beyond that, don't waste your money.
My only other complaint is that the female outlets on the reel are very loose, and will drop the cord of whatever tool is plugged into it with the slightest tug.
However, spending $100 for less than a year of use seems a bit excessive. Went down the morning to do a bit of work and the red breaker light is on, and the reset button doesn't work. If I could find a way to buy a new reset button it would help, but that doesn't appear to be an option.
However, we are proud of the quality of our products, and stand behind them 100%. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the merchandise you ordered, just return it within 90 days to receive a refund in the manner of original payment. Your order will come with a return form with convenient instructions, or you may send your returns directly to Returns Department, Rockler Woodworking and Hardware, 4365 Willow Drive, Medina, MN 55340.
You can also return it to your local store, whether purchased on line or in the store.