Work Sharp™ WS3000 Tool Sharpener
Air-cooled, dry sharpening system eliminates the mess of a wet system and delivers higher material removal rates without affecting the steel temper. Unique design allows for fast and easy reshaping of new or damaged chisels and planes (up to 2" wide), and fast honing of a micro bevel. Bevel angles are adjustable and are set in the sharpening port (not in a fixture or jig) so switching between angles is simple and fast. With maintenance-free tempered glass grinding wheel. No calibration is required for changing wheel diameter, and there's no need to change between fixtures, grade wheels, or move from machine to hand sharpening to achieve a razor-sharp edge. Coarse grinding for rapid shaping and micro-fine honing is in one port!
- The system's repeatability allows you to sharpen multiple tools at any combination of angles and abrasive type without extra setup
- Routed airflow and heat sink system keeps tools cool without the mess of a wet system
- Sharpening port enables you to select desired bevel angle and sharpen precise, repeatable angles of 20°, 25°, 30° and 35° for chisels and plane irons up to 2" wide
- Sharpening port lapping surface features "plunge-pull" sharpening technique
- Sharpening port abrasive increases burr removal and speeds sharpening
- Adjustable top tool rest makes freehand sharpening easier and more precise
- T-slot mounting system lets you mount the top tool rest and other accessories
- 150mm tempered glass grinding wheel provides a maintenance-free, always flat and true grinding surface on which to adhere PSA abrasives
- Skew cam adjustment controls bevel-edge for squareness
- With bench mounting tabs for easy installation to benchtop
- Industrial grade power connection switch with safety lockout
- Grounded 6-foot power cord
- Cast-aluminum top; sheet metal housing; impact and vibration-resistant tool-grade plastic base
(2) Tempered Glass Wheels
(1) See-through slotted wheel for underside sharpening of carving and lathe tools
(1) Top tool rest for easy freehand sharpening of larger tools
(1) Crepe stick for cleaning abrasives
(1) PSA abrasive kit (150mm to be adhered to glass wheels: P120 ceramic oxide, P400 aluminum oxide, P1000 aluminum oxide, Micro-Mesh™ 3600 honing abrasive; slotted abrasive kit with P80, P400 and P1200); and 2" x 2" abrasive P400 ceramic oxide for the heat sink/lapping surface.
With the Rockler Protection Plan, you'll get accidental damage coverage immediately upon purchase of your tool. Plus, we will extend the manufacturer's warranty for your choice of an additional 1 or 2 years. We'll take care of all parts and labor for any repairs, with no deductibles and no hassles. If your tool can not be repaired, we'll gladly replace it. Available in the US only. Click here to learn more.
|Manufacturer Part Number||WS3000|
|Wheel Speed||580 RPM|
1 month ago
One thing to consider for a future mod is how collect metal debris and prevent a possible fire. The wool-like waste produced had the tendency to burn. At least recommend mounting on a surface out in the open to prevent burning steel wood from setting afire in a close space. I know it’s rare but it had me concerned until I changed the sharpener’s location
4 months ago
It sharpens edges accurately in a fraction of the time it would take using a whetstone.
5 months ago
4 months ago
1 year ago
7 months ago
over 2 years ago
9 months ago
11 months ago
I am so glad I got this one.
10 months ago
If you would like to try, it will have to be done freehand on the top of the abrasive covered glass wheel. You will need to use the finest grits available, to minimize material removal.
Take the clipper apart, place the flat side against the wheel on the finest abrasive. Turn the machine on while holding the blade in place and let it sit for only a few seconds. Turn the machine off and wait for the wheel to stop turning before lifting the blade off.