Air-cooled, dry sharpening system eliminates the mess of a wet system and delivers higher material removal rates without affecting the steel temper. Unique design allows for fast and easy reshaping of new or damaged chisels and planes (up to 2" wide), and fast honing of a micro bevel. Bevel angles are adjustable and are set in the sharpening port (not in a fixture or jig) so switching between angles is simple and fast. With maintenance-free tempered glass grinding wheel. No calibration is required for changing wheel diameter, and there's no need to change between fixtures, grade wheels, or move from machine to hand sharpening to achieve a razor-sharp edge. Coarse grinding for rapid shaping and micro-fine honing is in one port!
- The system's repeatability allows you to sharpen multiple tools at any combination of angles and abrasive type without extra setup.
- Routed airflow and heat sink system keeps tools cool without the mess of a wet system.
- Sharpening port enables you to select desired bevel angle and sharpen precise, repeatable angles of 20°, 25°, 30° and 35° for chisels and plane irons up to 2" wide.
- Powerful 1/5 HP motor with 580 RPM wheel speed.
- Sharpening port lapping surface features "plunge-pull" sharpening technique.
- Sharpening port abrasive increases burr removal and speeds sharpening.
- Adjustable top tool rest makes freehand sharpening easier and more precise.
- T-slot mounting system lets you mount the top tool rest and other accessories.
- 150mm tempered glass grinding wheel provides a maintenance-free, always flat and true grinding surface on which to adhere PSA abrasives.
- Skew cam adjustment controls bevel-edge for squareness.
- With bench mounting tabs for easy installation to benchtop.
- Industrial grade power connection switch with safety lockout.
- Grounded 6-foot power cord.
- Cast-aluminum top; sheet metal housing; impact and vibration-resistant tool-grade plastic base.
The Work Sharp WS3000 Includes:
- Work Sharp unit
- Two tempered glass wheels
- See-through slotted wheel for underside sharpening of carving and lathe tools
- Top tool rest for easy freehand sharpening of larger tools
- Crepe stick for cleaning abrasives
- PSA abrasive kit (150mm to be adhered to glass wheels: P120 ceramic oxide, P400 aluminum oxide, P1000 aluminum oxide, Micro-Mesh™ 3600 honing abrasive; slotted abrasive kit with P80, P400 and P1200); and 2" x 2" abrasive P400 ceramic oxide for the heat sink/lapping surface.
|Manufacturer Part Number||WS3000|
|Wheel Speed||580 RPM|
(1) Work Sharp Sharpening Unit (2) Tempered Glass Wheels (1) See-through slotted wheel for underside sharpening of carving and lathe tools (1) Top tool rest for easy freehand sharpening of larger tools (1) Crepe stick for cleaning abrasives (1) PSA abrasive kit (150mm to be adhered to glass wheels: P120 ceramic oxide, P400 aluminum oxide, P1000 aluminum oxide, Micro-Mesh™ 3600 honing abrasive; slotted abrasive kit with P80, P400 and P1200); and 2" x 2" abrasive P400 ceramic oxide for the heat sink/lapping surface.
The only danger with this device...Posted April 16, 2013
The only danger with this device is to your fingertips. Be very careful when testing the sharpness if you use your fingers! I thought I had done well with a glass plate and silicon carbide sandpaper with my low angle block plane, but I was never satisfied. A few minutes with the WorkSharp convinced me that using the plate was only approximate and I had been missing really sharp tools. End grain is much easier now with my low angle block plane. I am going to need to order more of the coarse disks since I seem to be wearing them out fast on some tools that I hadn't worked on before. I agree with the reviewer who commented on how few of the coarse disks there are in the kit. I also bought the belt sharpening kit for this and it does a very good job on knives and scissors. Again, I used to think I had sharp knives but I was wrong! The honing leather does a great job putting a very fine edge on tools. I highly recommend it for that final step. The edge from the 3600 micro mesh isn't quite there.
The WS 3000 is a shortcut...Posted May 4, 2012
The WS 3000 is a shortcut to tool sharpening that has greatly upgraded my hand tools. I blend the docking features and free hand work to achieve different results for my chisels and plane blades. I would have liked to receive the wide blade attachment and the leather honing disc with my purchase of the unit as they are essentials, but the sticker shock would prevent a lot of buyers so I understand why they are secondary purchases. You will need the wide blade attachment, this is worthless for plane blades with out that.
I absolutely love this product. I...Posted February 17, 2012
I absolutely love this product. I was a little leery at first but I opened the package and within a few minutes I had put a razor sharp hone on a couple of chisels I had pretty much left for dead. Its nice to see a product that works exactly as advertised. The learning curve on this machine is very shallow and would recommend it to anyone, like myself, that is "sharpening challenged".
This is a great addition to...Posted January 2, 2012
This is a great addition to my shop. I can sharpen 5 chisels from a beat down point starting with 150 grit all the way to 4000 grit in about 5-7 minutes total. They come out super sharp and cut hairs on my arm. Its about 10x faster than using stones and way cleaner. The guide for the chisels sucks and it pretty worthless, but its not needed anyway and easier to use with it pushed all the way to the left. I just hold the chisels to the right and then I can switch chisel sizes without messing with it. It seems to have about 1/8" of play. It helps to clamp it down when you use it. I'd been using the drill doctor another one of their products for years and love that thing too!
Great job Santa! Easy to use...Posted December 25, 2011
Great job Santa! Easy to use and results are amazing! Great value and I can easily put away until the next time I need it, and free up space on my bench.