Work Sharp WS3000 Tool Sharpener with Wide Blade Attachment
Air-cooled, dry sharpening system eliminates the mess of a wet system and delivers higher material removal rates without affecting the steel temper. Unique design allows for fast and easy reshaping of new or damaged chisels and planes (up to 3'' wide with the included Wide Blade Attachment), and fast honing of a micro bevel. Bevel angles are adjustable and are set in the sharpening port (not in a fixture or jig) so switching between angles is simple and fast. With maintenance-free tempered glass grinding wheel. No calibration is required for changing wheel diameter, and there's no need to change between fixtures, grade wheels, or move from machine to hand sharpening to achieve a razor-sharp edge. Coarse grinding for rapid shaping and micro-fine honing is in one port!
- Repeatable system lets you sharpen multiple tools at any combination of angles and abrasive type without extra setup
- Routed airflow and heat sink system keeps tools cool without the mess of a wet system
- Sharpening port enables you to select desired bevel angle and sharpen precise, repeatable angles
- Sharpening port lapping surface features ''plunge-pull'' sharpening technique
- Sharpening port abrasive increases burr removal and speeds sharpening
- Adjustable top tool rest makes freehand sharpening easier and more precise
- T-slot mounting system lets you mount the top tool rest and other accessories
- 150mm tempered glass grinding wheel provides a maintenance-free, always flat and true grinding surface on which to adhere PSA abrasives
- Skew cam adjustment controls bevel-edge for squareness
- With bench mounting tabs for easy installation to benchtop
- Industrial grade power connection switch with safety lockout
- Cast-aluminum top; sheet metal housing; impact and vibration-resistant tool-grade plastic base
Package includes the Wide Blade Attachment for blades up to 3'' wide!
The Work Sharp Wide Blade Attachment sharpens and hones flat blades up to 3'' wide to a wide range of bevel angles from 15° to 60°. It also lets you apply a 1° micro bevel for better edge retention. The table included in the kit is a precision-machined metal casting for optimal flatness and rigidity. It mounts to the top of the WS3000 and can be left in place once installed. Honing Guide is cast metal with innovative side-clamping design to ensure precise blade alignment, even with tapered blades like chisels. Honing Guide can also be used with a wet stone or with sandpaper on glass. All tools and installation hardware are included.
(1) Work Sharp Sharpening Unit
(2) Tempered Glass Wheels
(1) See-through slotted wheel for underside sharpening of carving and lathe tools
(1) Top tool rest for easy freehand sharpening of larger tools
(1) Crepe stick for cleaning abrasives
(1) PSA abrasive kit (150mm to be adhered to glass wheels: P120 ceramic oxide, P400 aluminum oxide, P1000 aluminum oxide, Micro-Mesh™ 3600 honing abrasive; slotted abrasive kit with P80, P400 and P1200; 2'' x 2'' abrasive P400 ceramic oxide for the heat sink/lapping surface)
Wide Blade Attachment
(1) Flat Top Table
(1) Honing Guide
(1) Blade Alignment Fixture
(2) Alignment Fixture Pins
(1) Detailed set up instructions and User's Guide
(1) Tool kit for installation and set up
|Manufacturer Part Number||No|
You can sharpen bowl gouges and spindle gouges, either under the machine using the edge vision wheel or on top free handed. The best way to match the bevel is to use a marker as your sharpening guideline. For more information please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-418-1439.