- Plan features slide, swing, private clubhouse and small deck.
- Step-by-step instructions
- Full-color photos and exploded views
- Detailed tool setup illustrations
- Materials list
- Cutting diagram
- 12 pages
|Manufacturer Part Number||920126W|
1 Review(s)View All
Insufficient detail and incomplete plansPosted January 19, 2015
Here are the issues:
1) Math errors in the plan - specifically the joist positioning on the platform. There are probably others but I gave up trying to catalog them and just kept going. The depth of the blocking to hold the skirt boards is not a uniform 2 1/2" due to the presence of the gussets at the edges
2) Terminology - the plan makes extensive use of "expert" terminology without bothering to explain much of it. It is also inconsistent in naming materials used: for example, sometimes referring to a "1x2" and sometimes calling it "3/4 inch x 1 1/2 inch stock".
3) Drawings and elevations are incomplete, missing dimensions, etc.
4) There are no drawings or dimensions concerning the exterior trim...a critical component of this "Craftsman-style" playhouse
In short: Don't expect to use this set of plans without extensive experience and previous knowledge of significant carpentry techniques.
I "built" the plan virtually in SketchUp first to see if the instructions and drawings made sense. I'm glad I did... because they don't.
Not worth it.