Router Bits for Beginners
Common Router Bit Profiles
- Straight bits - make straight cuts such as dadoes and grooves.
- Rabbeting bits - cut a notch along the edge of a workpiece.
- Flush-trim bits - trim the edge of one workpiece to match the edge of another.
- Chamfer bits - cut a bevel on the edge of a workpiece.
- Round-over bits - soften the edge of a workpiece.
- Beading bits - cut a rounded decorative edge.
- Molding bits - combine edge-forming profiles into one bit.
- Specialty bits – such as dovetail, stile-and-rail, and panel-raising bits – used for a specific task.
Learn more with our: