Rockler Bits for Beginners
Common Router Bit Profiles
- Straight Bits - make straight cuts such as dadoes and grooves.
- Rabbeting bits - cut a notch along the edge of a workpiece.
- Flush-trim Bits - trim the edge of one workpiece to match the edge of another.
- Chamfer Bits - cut a bevel on the edge of a workpiece.
- Round-over Bits - soften the edge of a workpiece.
- Beading Bits - cut a rounded decorative edge.
- Molding Bits - combine edge-forming profiles into one bit.
- Specialty Bits - such as dovetail, stile-and-rail, and panel-raising bits - used for a specific task.