Take a close look at the edge of this carbide cutter and you'll realize it's not actually square. Instead, each of its four edges is slightly crowned with a 2'' radius. This subtle change makes the cutter excellent for smoothing cuts. The replaceable, rotatable cutter eliminates the hassle and downtime of sharpening. Simply rotate the carbide cutter for a fresh, sharp edge, and replace it once all edges have grown dull. Solid carbide stays sharp for longer when compared with steel, giving you a much longer useful life. The shaft features a flattened back for stability when using the tool rest, and the handles are made of solid ash encased with a thick, molded rubber end for an enhanced grip and reduced fatigue. They're great for beginning to advanced woodturners, ensuring quick success without the frustration of dull tools. Since you don't need to invest hundreds of dollars into sharpening equipment, they're also an excellent value.
- Excellent for smoothing cuts and convex surfaces.
- Replaceable Sr2 cutter measures approximately 0.60'' square with a 2'' convex radius on all 4 edges.
- Total overall length of Full Size Carbide Turning Tool is approximately 19-1/2''.
- Handles are 13'' long from the butt of the handle to the top of the stainless steel ferrule.
- Length of the shaft is approximately 6-1/2''.
- Ash handles are coated with a soft, grippy rubber for a secure, effortless grip and excellent ergonomics.
- Note: carbide cutters are not interchangeable between the different tools.