9' Vertical Rails for Rockler Vintage Library Ladder Steps
Our pre-machined wooden ladder rails, make building your own rolling library ladder is as easy as 1, 2, 3 — sand, finish, and assemble. Each kit includes two matching vertical rails, which are cut, shaped, bullnosed, and drilled to accept the corresponding cast metal Vintage Library Ladder Steps (#45514 and #49388, sold separately). The tops of the rails are drilled to accept our Classic Rolling Library Ladder hardware (#42285, sold separately). The vertical rails are available in three heights: 8', 9' and 10'; and in three wood species: oak, cherry and maple, all fully machined from clear lumber.
- All parts are cut, shaped, bullnosed, and drilled
- Just sand, finish and assemble
- Hole for top dowel is an 1/8'' pilot hole, which accepts our metal Decorative Ladder Spindle (included with Item #45514, sold separately)
- The carrier will need to know if delivery is to a residential address (we'll ask you about that during checkout). There is no charge for this.
- Ladder hardware sold separately.
- There is an additional $100.00 shipping charge for this item.
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.
If you mount the top rail at the top edge of the loft, you surely could climb over the top. That my ladder is on rollers, and your choice might be that as well, give me concern about the ladder moving as you climb onto it to leave the loft. For a loft ladder, you might want the ladder to have side rails that extend above the top edge of the loft to have something to hold onto as you exit the ladder to the loft or mount the ladder to step down. I probably wouldn't use this ladder for that purpose. Hope this helps.
If you would like to determine all of the components required for a ladder please click on the Red Banner that says Ladder Design Wizard. This guide will provide you with a complete Bill of Materials based on the information you select.
- 8' Rolling Library Ladder Hardware Kit, Satin BlackSpecial Price $259.99 Regular Price $299.99
- Rockler Classic Rolling Library Ladder - Ladder Hardware, Satin Black
Starting at $12.99
- Rockler Classic/Vintage Rolling Library Ladder - Track Hardware, Satin Black
Starting at $12.99
- Rockler 10" Classic Rolling Library Ladder - Wood Kits
Starting at $399.99
- Rockler Classic Rolling Library Ladder - Ladder Hardware, Satin Nickel
Starting at $16.99