Carter FAST Bandsaw Fence Setup Bars
Magnetic bars make it easy to match the fence angle to the blade angle for arrow straight rip cuts—stack as needed for rips from 1/8'' to 1-7/16''.
- Shipping Restrictions: Ground Transportation Only to addresses within the 48 Contiguous United States.
When setting up your bandsaw fence, the fence must be angled to account for ''blade lead,'' the tendency for rip cuts to angle slightly to the left or right. This tendency varies from blade to blade, since it's caused partly by the way each blade tracks on a crowned wheel. Carter's F.A.S.T. system (Fence Alignment System Tool) makes setup easy by using the blade itself as a guide. Attach the magnetic bar to the blade and the bar length will magnify the blade's angle, then simply slide the fence up to the bar and lock it in place. Now you can be confident that the fence angle is matched to the blade. In addition, the distance from the blade can be set at the same time. Just stack any combination of the 1/8'', 3/16'', 1/4'', 3/8'' and 1/2'' bars, all of which attach magnetically to one another, to create rip cuts from 1/8'' to 1-7/16'' wide, in 1/16'' increments.
- Lets you precisely match the fence angle to the blade angle, using the blade itself as a guide
- Magnetic bars also attach to each other to create a distance of 1/8'' to 1-7/16'' between blade and fence
- Each bar has a notch to allow for the blade teeth, which would otherwise throw off the angle
- Printed ruler on each bar lets you set the fence for wider rip cuts
- Also works great as a height gauge for router bits
- Includes an adhesive backed foam drawer insert for easy, organized storage
- Magnetic bars can also be attached directly to your saw (provided it is ferrous metal) for easy access
|Manufacturer Part Number||FAST1100|