This item is only shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Estimated Delivery time: 7 business days.
15% restocking fee on all returned merchandise.
No Returns on Software.
CNC Shark II
Whether you're just getting started in the world of CNC, or you're looking for a smaller machine capable of high-level work, the Shark II is a sharp contender. With XYZ travel of 13'' x 25'' x 7'', it's capable of machining small- to medium-sized signs, carvings and furniture components. The Shark II features a touch-screen pendant controller and the same rugged gantry design as the HD4. It also has NEMA 23 stepper motors, which permit the use of larger routers, up to 2-1/4 HP. The increased Z travel of 7'' means the Shark II is compatible with the 4th axis (#59496, sold separately; software upgrade required). Other improvements include a metal back plate for increased rigidity, and an interlocking aluminum table with rigid channels for fast, flexible clamping.
- Touch-screen pendant controlled software package with color graphics
- Detachable, rotating cradles allow different attachments and height configurations
- Enhanced hardware controller with expansion ports and pendant ability
- Automatic on and off software control of router/spindle system
- X & Y homing capability
- Compatible with all HD line accessories
- Virtual Zero software maps the topography of your table or workpiece, solving problems caused by warping or bowing
- Anti-backlash, wear-compensated direct drive lead screws on all axes
- Handles routers up to 2-1/4 HP, such as the Porter Cable 890 series, Bosch 1617 series or the water cooled spindle from Next Wave Automation
- Interlocking aluminum table with rigid channels for fast, flexible clamping
- 120V System plugs into standard wall outlet
- Includes Vcarve Desktop Design Software ($349 Retail Value), Vector Art 3D Sampler Pack, and CNC Shark control software with Virtual Zero technology
- Over sixty 3D STL files included, ($150 Retail Value)
- Download free project plans from Vectric
- One year warranty on parts and labor, special shipping exclusions apply
- You supply a PC computer with USB 2.0 port and any of the routers listed below
- Not compatible with Mac computers
Will this CNC work with my router?
Fully compatible with the following routers (sold separately):
- Bosch 1617 and 1618
- Dewalt 610, 616, 618
- Porter Cable 890 Series
- Porter Cable 690 Series (6902VS must be manually started)
(1) Touch-screen pendant controller
(1) 3/8'' diameter V-groove bit (colors may vary)
(2) Hold-down clamps (colors may vary)
(1) Router mount
(1) VCarve Desktop V10.0 design software package
(1) CNC Shark Control Panel operating software with Virtual Zero technology
|Manufacturer Part Number||10020|
1 year ago
over 2 years ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
11 months ago
2 months ago
I recommend you purchase the book "CNC Router Essentials" by Johnson and Vondriska if you need an introduction to CNC routing. I refer to it all of the time, and their examples use the "pro" version of the same software that comes with the machine.
I have a cbc background from Of Donald Douglas Aircraft but that was years ago. Don't know how sharp I am any more. Also I'm not the best on a computer. Thanks for any
Most CNC routers are capable of planing operations, such as flattening the spoilboard or correcting an uneven project surface, but it may not be the most efficient use of the machine.