Cultured Opal, 2g, Marianas
Wait till you see the way these stones catch the light—choose from a spectrum of vibrant colors, each with shimmering facets of opalescent red or green.
These jewelry-grade cultured opals exhibit the same fiery flashes of their natural cousins, and their color, luminosity and brightness won't fade over time. Optically, physically and chemically identical to rare opals found in nature, cultured opals take about a year to grow in the lab. Their brilliant facets and iridescent fire make them a favorite inlay material for pens, rings, knots and voids. Sold in 2mm grains, they are easy to crush into finer pieces to fill smaller voids. 2 grams goes a surprisingly long way.
- A vibrant, eye-catching inlay material for pens, knife scales, bottle stoppers, jewelry boxes and more
- Just lay down a bead of CA glue or epoxy and use a tweezers to insert the grains into a void, small crack or knot
- More durable and less expensive than natural opals
- Perfect for pens, blade handles, wine stoppers, boxes, vessels and more
- Graded at 4 on the Mohs hardness scale—easily sandable with silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasives, which have a hardness of 9
- Comes in a lidded jar for convenient storage
(1) 2g jar of Cultured Opal
(1) Information card
|Manufacturer Part Number||711841834685|
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood