Home Bar Plan
This traditional frame and panel design bar plan includes two drawers, two doors and a dry sink. Authentic wall mirror unit displays and stores glasses and bottles.
Behind this traditional frame and panel bar are two drawers and two doors where you can conveniently store your bar supplies and liquor. The overall completed size of the bar is 72" long by 38-1/2" high by 24" deep. The shop-tested plan includes full-size patterns for all shaped pieces, a detailed exploded view, step-by-step instructions, a complete material list, and elevation drawings.
The mirror unit in back of the bar features glass racks (sold separately) above, and a railing (sold separately) for displaying and storing your bottles beneath the mirror. Use our cherry gallery spindles for making a decorative railing to keep your bottles in place. The completed mirror unit measures 72" wide by 41-1/8" high by 10" deep.
The brass foot railings are what really turn an ordinary counter into an authentic bar. We offer the professional railing hardware used by the most stylish bars and restaurants (see hardware sold separately below).
Bar Mirror Plan Requires:
- 2 each - Door Pulls - Brass Finish - 3"
- 2 each - Drawer Knobs - Brass Finish - 1-1/2"
- 2 Pair - Drawer Slides - Full or 3/4 Extension
- 8 each - 1/4" Shelf Pins
- 2 pair - Full Overlay Hinges - Brass Finish
- 1 each - #74032 Sink - 6" x 13" x 14"
- 1 each - Brass Toe Rail - 1-1/2" x 23" x 72" (N)
- 5 each - Brass Toe Rail Brackets (W)
- 2 Brass Rail Elbow (L)
- 2 Brass Rail End Caps (Y)
- Wood Screws - #8 x 1-1/4" and #8 x 2"
- 1 package - Wood Plugs to match the wood you choose
- 1 roll - Veneer Tape to match the wood you choose - 8' x 1-9/16"
- Bar Molding - Pre Made or you can make your own
- 2 each - Sides - 2-1/2" x 4-3/8" x 24-1/4"
- 1 each - Front - 2-1/2" x 4-3/8" x 71-5/8"
- 13 each - Stemware Holders - 3/4" x 3" x 7" - Pre Made or you can make your own.
- Crown Molding - Pre Made or you can make your own
- 2 each - Ends - 3/4" x 2-9/16" x 10-1/8"
- 1 each - Front - 3/4" x 2-9/16" x 64-1/8"
- 1 each - Gallery Molding- 3/8" x 3/4" x 60-3/4"
- 15 each - Gallery Spindles
- Wood Screws - #8 x 2" and #8 x 1-1/4"
- 20 each - #20 Joining Biscuits
- 25 each - 3/8" Wood Plugs to match the wood you choose
- 6 each - 3/8" Wood Buttons to match the wood you choose
(1) Detailed exploded view
(1) Step by step instructions
(1) Complete material list
(1) Elevation drawings
|Manufacturer Part Number||N/A|
Now for the part that I wasn't as happy with......If you buy the elbow molding from Rockler, I feel that the directions should have given the dimensions of the 1/2" plywood support that holds the railing. I was having trouble figuring out how it all went together, so I emailed Rockler tech support. They responded the next day and offered some advice, but they didn't know the dimensions for the support. I knocked the ratings down 1 star for that. I feel those details should have been in the plans if they want you to buy the elbow molding from them.
I consider myself an intermediate wood worker and this was a challenging and fun project. Overall the plans were very good.
over 2 years ago
over 3 years ago