Jet® Combination 6'' x 48'' Belt & 9'' Disc Sander w/Closed Stand
The unique JSG-96CS Sander combines a 9" disc and 6" x 48" belt for workshop versatility. While small and compact, the JSG-96 offers industrial 3/4 HP power while taking up a small footprint in your shop. A quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy while a quick-lock dust cover allows fast disc changes.
- Large cast iron table has preset stops at 90° and 45° to let you use the belt sander vertically, horizontally or anywhere in between
- Exclusive dual thumbscrew belt tracking adjustment locks to keep belt on track during use
- Graphite covered steel platen runs cooler increasing machine and belt life
- Specially designed belt guard allows full use of the 6" belt width and length
- Drive drum is rubber-coated for a better grip on the sanding belt resulting in less slippage
- Tracking adjustment knob with quick-lock handle keeps belt on track during use
- Quick-release belt tension lever makes belt changes fast and easy
- Quick-lock dust cover allows fast disc changes
- Single 4" dust port on the back of the base collects dust effectively from both the belt and disc
- Powerful 3/4HP motor easily handles the toughest sanding operations
- Built-in handles for easier portability
- One-piece formed steel heavy-duty closed stand provides additional support and additional storage for abrasives
- Ships directly from the manufacturer.
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous United States.
- Estimated delivery time: 15 business days
|Manufacturer Part Number||708597K|
|Dust Collection||4" Port|
|Speed||2,258 SFPM (Belt) | 1,725 RPM (Disc)|
|Table Tilt||90° - 45° (Down)|
|Belt Size||6" x 48"|
over 4 years ago
over 2 years ago
Assembly and set up went well. Sanding is fast and easy. It has a dust port in the rear which is very effective when connected to my dust extractor. Belt changing gets easier with practice. Overall I highly recommend this sander. Very happy with it.
over 4 years ago
8 months ago
1. This unit is powerful enough for the woodworking I do. There has been some reports (recent Wood magazine comparison where it is called it's "Best Value") that it can be slowed down under medium pressure. But with 80 or 120 grit belts even hardwood disappears so quickly that only light pressure is needed.
2. Both support tables are large enough to be useable and the Cast Iron table can be quickly moved from one to the other surface if you need the miter gauge.
3. The closed stand comes equipped with lockable casters so that it can be moved or realigned in the shop to handle the infrequent need for a longer project.
1. I do have a recommendation for the product, or actually for the closed stand. It needs a bigger door so that the new belts can more easily be put inside.
2. This may not be fair as I haven't called customer support yet but when you move the belt up or down into the other position the belt tracking needs attention. Not catastrophic in my case where it only moves a half inch.
3.The single rod that inserts into the body does not support the table in a rock solid way even when tightened down. This is a nit in that it only moves a little bit.
4. The dust collection works really well on the disc side but only so so on the belt. The the edge of the lower dust hood mounts very close to the belt. Probably a safety issue to keep fingers from between the hood and the belt but the table rest is already there for that. If I pop the dust hood latches open and leave maybe a quarter inch wider gap more air flow reaches out and grabs much more dust.
Most other units that you have used before have the disc mounted on the oppostie side of the belt and motor combination that makes the disc spin counter-clockwise. This disc spins clockwise.
over 2 years ago