Nova 30th Anniversary SuperNova 2 Chuck Bundle with 3 Jaw Sets and Case
The SuperNova 2 is a solid, powerful chuck, perfect for use on lathes with up to a 20'' swing. It is offered here in a value package with two extra sets of jaws—4'' jaws and 5'' jaws—in addition to the standard 2'' jaws. It's an excellent, all-purpose geared chuck, suitable for a majority of users, and is packed with exciting, innovative features such as a fully sealed composite indexing backing plate and copper-infused jaw slides. Its patented gearing system delivers incredible gripping power. You'll find yourself turning longer, more delicate stems, as well as larger, rougher work that was difficult to handle before. The SuperNova 2 requires only one hand to operate. Using a ball-nosed hex wrench with a large handle, its easy to tighten. Includes a set of 2" (50mm) jaws.
- Fully sealed backing plate is made from ultra-tough Duracon composite, reinforced with stranded glass fibers
- Self-lubricating properties
- Unique indexing function built into backing plate
- Powerful geared grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology delivers an incredibly smooth, solid, vibration-free hold
- Single-handed operation for fast, convenient mounting
- Captured pinion and ball-nose Allen key with large, easy grip handle
- Body made from precision machined 1045 high-tensile steel
- Able to take all Nova accessory jaws (except Titan Power grip, which is specially designed for the Titan Chuck)
- Four jaw design firmly grips both round and square wood
- Precision machined in one operation from a solid steel block for optimal accuracy
- Polished metal finish to allow for closer tolerances and accuracy
- Common accessory jaw fixing profile is compatible across all Nova chucks and accessories
- Special woodturning dovetail profile on jaws
- Auto safety stop feature so jaw slides can't protrude past the chuck body
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw included for fast mounting of rough timbers
Package includes two extra sets of jaws—ideal for large turnings like bowls—plus a storage case!
The included JS100N 4'' Jaw Set is designed for expanded dovetail or reverse dovetail use. Ideal for gripping footed bowls and mounting custom wooden jaws. The JS130N 5'' set is the bigger brother to the 4'' set, designed to handle large, shallow bowl and platter work up to 29-1/2'' in diameter. The big capacity of these jaws is a perfect match for the powerful SuperNova 2. Both sets of jaws grip firmly in both contraction and expansion mode.
Important Note: Only use authentic Nova accessories on your Nova chuck. Using non-genuine Nova accessories and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void the warranty. Nova accessories are designed for use only on Nova chucks. Do not use on any other chuck. This is not an insert style chuck. Cannot use an insert/adapter to change the threading.
(1) Set of 50mm/2'' jaws
(1) Set of 100mm/4'' jaws (JS100N)
(1) Set of 130mm/5'' jaws (JS130N)
(1) Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw
(1) Instruction Manual
(1) T-handle chuck key
(1) Set of fastenings
(1) Storage case
|Manufacturer Part Number||23099|
|Tech Spec|| SuperNova 2 Chuck:
2 months ago
3 months ago
With all the varying spindle thread sizes on the different lathe brands, it is not practical to make separate chucks to fit them all. So, to save that expense, different inserts are made to screw into the back of the Nova chuck. The inserts have inside diameters and thread pitches that match the different lathe spindles on the market, including yours.