Rounds the back of the blade to permit tighter radius cuts and lengthen blade and bearing life.
Olson Bandsaw Blade Finishing Stone
Olson's silicon carbide grinding stone is used to round off the backs of bandsaw blades for tighter radius cuts and longer blade and bearing life. Just turn on your saw, lay the side of the wood handle on the table surface and position the stone against the back of the blade to round off the corners and correct any weld misalignment. Also may be used on the right side of scroll saw blades (unset, skip, and double tooth) to remove the manufacturer's burr, promoting straighter, smoother cuts. No lubricant is needed.
- Permits tighter radius cutting
- Cleans rough blade welds for less vibration and smoother cuts
- Promotes longer bearing and blade life
- Removes mushrooming (spread) on back of blade caused by pressure against thrust bearings
- Inhibits metal fatigue (especially on 1/16'' and 1/8'' wide blades)
- Decreases friction, heat, and noise
- Promotes a smoother finish
|Manufacturer Part Number||AC70013|