Oneway Stronghold Chuck
With a massive 4-1/2" diameter body, the Stronghold chuck is perfect for heavy turnings that require maximum stability and gripping power. It's key-operated, so one-handed adjustments are simple and fast. A 5/1 ratio ensures solid holding power, while the patented over-extension prevention system ensures that the base jaws will never come loose during operation. A wide range of accessory jaws are available to cover all your turning requirements. The #3 Jaws have the mass and size necessary for large bowls and vases. The profiled jaws provide maximum gripping power with minimal damage to the piece. Spigot Jaws are machined long and deep for a better grip on smaller parts. Both outside and inside surfaces of the jaws are serrated to grip the work piece. The Jumbo and Mega-Jumbo Jaws are solid machined aluminum plates. Their unique combination of slots and tapped holes accept rubber grippers for holding an infinite number of round, oval or square shapes. Choose a separate taper-lock adapter from the related products below.
The Stronghold chuck is the largest chuck in the Oneway family, designed for lathes with a 16" swing or greater. It weighs approximately 8 lbs (fully assembled with the No. 2 Jaws). It is considerably heavier than the Talon Chuck (3.5 lbs) or Oneway Chuck (4.5 lbs) which makes it perfect for large turnings.
What makes the stronghold a superior chuck?
- Precision machined body.
- Carbon steel base jaws.
- Precision grinding on the sides provides for the exact clearances required for wood turning chucks.
- Base jaws are case hardened which makes them longer lasting, stronger, and non-seizing.
- Scroll is precision machined and case hardened. The bore is honed to exact tolerances after heat treating.
- Scroll is manganese phosphate plated which acts as an anti-seize compound. Less lubrication is required for smooth running action.
- Electroless nickel plating provides a hard wearing surface for base jaws and scroll while providing excellent corrosion resistance.
Add these quality materials and precision manufacturing to features such as:
- 4-Jaw scroll chuck
- Profiled top jaws
- Patented safety feature allowing maximum travel
- Key operation allowing one handed tightening and solid holding power
- Superior taperlock adaptor
- And its one-of-a-kind woodworm screw
- Equals an absolutely superior chuck!
|Manufacturer Part Number||2137|
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with standard #2 Jaws (included):
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with Spigot Jaws #38441:
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with #3 Jaws #37815:
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with Jumbo Jaws #31246:
Capacities of the Stronghold chuck with Mega-Jumbo Jaws #31662:
1 month ago
3 months ago
6 months ago
9 months ago
1 year ago
over 3 years ago
over 5 years ago