Platform Bed Lift Mechanism
Uncover loads of new storage space with these easy-to-operate bed lifts!
Considering the amount of unused space under the average bed, it's no surprise that that's one of the most popular places to store things. But who wants to crawl around on all fours and fend off dust bunnies? This bed lift and mattress platform solves both problems. Just lift the platform with a single hand to reveal abundant storage space, all fully visible, easily accessible and shielded from the dust that would otherwise collect on your items. The gas pistons provide lift for easy opening, and dampen the action when closing.
- Lifts can be oriented to open from the side of the bed, or the foot of the bed
- Two lift mechanisms included, each with a gas piston and rugged steel frame
- Mattress platform moves away from the wall as it lifts for better clearance and easier access
- Wooden components not included—materials should equal or exceed 3/4'' hardwood plywood and 4/4 hardwood lumber
- Not intended for use with a box spring
How to choose the proper lift:
To ensure proper functioning, add your mattress weight to your platform weight. The sum of these numbers should be as close as possible to the listed lift capacity. Mattress weights vary significantly based on size, thickness and materials. Contact the manufacturer if you don't know the weight.
If you don't know your platform weight, use the following:
- 77 lbs. for a twin-size platform
- 100 lbs. for a full-size platform
- 115 lbs. for a queen-size platform
(2) I-Semble Bed Lift Piston/Frame Assemblies
(1) Set of Instructions
- Cancer and Reproductive Harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/product
- Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood