Robert Sorby Midi Multi-Tip Hollowing Tool
The Robert Sorby RS100KT is a scaled-down version of Sorby's full-sized Multi-Tip Hollowing Tool—ideal for hollowing smaller projects. It comes packaged with three replaceable cutters: two for hollowing, one for scraping. Of the two hollowing cutters, the one with the rounded end is designed for general roughing out and creates a flowing curve in the bottom of a vessel. The more pointed cutter is for fast material removal and produces a crisp corner in the bottom of a box. The teardrop scraper features a rounded section for inside curves and a flat section for outside curves. It produces a slicing cut, which reduces the tendency for the scraper to dig in, resulting in a better finish.
- 1/2'' flat surface allows for aggressive cutting, while the rounded side lets you angle the cutter
- Swiveling clamp lets you easily undercut
- Includes curved tip (RS111C) for contoured hollowing
- Pointed tip (RS112C) excels at sharp corners
- 3-in-1 teardrop scraper cutter works as a round, half-round or square scraper
(1) Curved HSS tip
(1) Square HSS tip
(1) Tear-drop HSS tip
(1) Hex key
(1) Complete instructions
|Manufacturer Part Number||RS100KT|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.