Shaper is a start-up company set to revolutionize the power tool world. Rockler has been honored to work with them since 2013 as they developed the world’s first hand–held CNC technology for the DIY and woodworking markets. We’ve had a lot of fun trying out prototypes and dreaming about all the ways a woodworker could use this new tool. Shaper is now available for sale online. You can also check out Shaper Origin in person at our Orange, Seattle, Rocklin and Beaverton stores.
Origin simplifies precision cutting—think of it as auto-correct for your hands!
Shaper Origin is the world's first and only hand-held CNC that's ready to create whenever and wherever you are! It's packed with features and functionality that gives you the ability to cut, build, and create like never before... Work at Any Scale, Anywhere Origin is a compact portable tool that thinks it's a big CNC.
Shaper Origin Features
Shaper Origin is the world’s first handheld CNC machine. Designed with woodworking professionals in mind, Origin brings CNC-level precision to a hand tool, for an ideal blend of human and machine.
- No limitations on the workpiece envelope—perfect for large projects that wouldn't fit on a traditional CNC
- Compact and portable—stows neatly in the included Sys 5 T-Loc Systainer
- To determine its position, the router reads the patterned Shaper Tape (included), which you adhere to the cutting area
- Digitally adjusted X, Y and Z axes (left, right and depth-of-cut)
- Automated Z-axis touch-off sensor sets Z-zero in just seconds
- Touch screen with capacitive multi-touch full-color LCD
- Wi-Fi enabled for transfer of design files via ShaperHub, and for receiving software updates
- USB port allows easy offline transfer of design files
- Works with standard vector files (.SVG)
See it in Action!
Shaper is building the future of power tools. We make Origin, the world’s first handheld CNC machine. Origin combines precision with repeat ability to make hinge and hardware installation simple. Work quickly and confidently in the shop or onsite. Designed with woodworkers in mind, Origin is intuitive and remarkably easy to learn.