Sugatsune SDS-C301N Soft-Down Stay
Eases chest lids and lift-up cabinet doors quietly closed—also holds the door open, freeing up your hands to lift out items.
Use Sugatsune SDS-301N Soft-Down Stays to keep chest lids and lift-up cabinet doors from slamming shut. The soft-close mechanism engages early on and eases the flap gently and quietly closed. When used for upward-swinging doors, the stay keeps the door open at the top of its travel, allowing you to use both hands to search the cabinet for the items you need. Use with concealed, piano or butt hinges (sold separately). Non-handed—can be installed on either the right or the left.
How Many Stays Do I Need? To determine the correct number of stays for the height and weight of your door/lid, use the following formula:
- Torque = Door Height (in inches) x Door Weight (in pounds) ÷ 2
- Max Torque per stay is 35 to 60
- Max Torque per pair of stays is 70 to 120
- For more information, consult the Technical Documents
(1) Sugatsune SDS-C301N Soft-Down Stay
(1) Arm mounting plate
(1) Arm mounting screw
(6) Mounting screws
(1) Installation sheet